27 coaches online • Server time: 01:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you de- / not activate if only 4 player draw
Yes
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
No
89%
 89%  [ 67 ]
Yes unless desperate to play
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 75

Seventyone

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

This is awesome! All we need is some Spiro style moaning about the RNG to make it perfect...

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The real problem is not enough coaches. More coaches => better match ups.

So, go recruit some coaches.

The Box does though, seem to be based around teams playing up to 30 games then resetting.

The majority of teams play fewer than that so it seems reasonable.

But it means that people who want to go on a good long run with one team will be vilified as bullies and/or min/maxers. Which some of them may be. If they drop in TV they'll be thrown to wolves vs the biggest and nastiest teams.

I left Box when we wouldn't nerf CPOMB. It seems better now but I still haven't felt the inclination to go back.

It's the [L]eague life for me.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It amused me that the first reply post included the sentence:

"Yesterday we made love with my beautiful wife..."

Still chuckling.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 15:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Then podcast 18 is for you

https://soundcloud.com/throweck/podcast-18-forums-fun-and-stars

'cos that crops up.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

So if I recall correctly, back in the day TS was used to match and the matches were reasonable. I believe there was also a delta TS cutoff and it worked fine in conjunction with a racial MU being factored in(though my old age might be kicking in there - that was nearly 8 years ago).

In discord there was vague reference to 'reasons' why TS was abandoned - though it certainly does a better job gauging team strength than TV and it was a LOT harder to minmax.

Edit:
I was wondering - what is the ideal match making? Should better coaches win more often or should it be 50:50 win chance with the given coaches?

Also:
Between match quality and match quantity - which criteria has priority? I believe some posts COULD be taken as a reasonable request for giving preference to the former.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

In a competitive environment better coaches should win more often, CR points are a clue in this direction. If the chance were 50:50 then there would be no need for a ladder, because theorically the win rate of every coach would be around 50%. Moreover, FUMBBL community is too small to support a finely balanced coach pairing matchmaking, for that you need hundreds of coaches.

Match quality should have the priority over quantity. The fact that there is a scheduler and not totally random matchmaking is a clue towards quality, as it is the requirement of minimum 4 coaches.
My 2 cents.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %09, %2019 - %20:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
So if I recall correctly, back in the day TS was used to match and the matches were reasonable. I believe there was also a delta TS cutoff and it worked fine in conjunction with a racial MU being factored in(though my old age might be kicking in there - that was nearly 8 years ago).

In discord there was vague reference to 'reasons' why TS was abandoned - though it certainly does a better job gauging team strength than TV and it was a LOT harder to minmax.

Edit:
I was wondering - what is the ideal match making? Should better coaches win more often or should it be 50:50 win chance with the given coaches?

Also:
Between match quality and match quantity - which criteria has priority? I believe some posts COULD be taken as a reasonable request for giving preference to the former.

Is it just me or did this whole post sound like circular logic?

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

What the hell are all you old gits suddenly doing here again? Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Offering wisdom?

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:
...some stuff...

Is it just me or did this whole post sound like circular logic?

Guilty as charged :/
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

https://steamcommunity.com/app/236690/discussions/0/1777136225035591827/

Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The most ironic thing here is that; it's my belief that without the OP's "contribution" to the box environment, the scheduler would never have been changed to give these type of match ups. I may be wrong here, but I don't think I am.

So.........If you're going to crap in your own bed, make sure you like the smell of your own crap first.
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Based on smallkosps last 10 or so games, I'd say the scheduler is working great.

They haven't had teams who's coaches are arounds CR 150 with newly develop teams to beat on. The matches are fair because the coaches they are up against are much better. They have only played seriously down TV once.

Looks great to me.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Am I the only one who finds it totally hilarious to have the OP complaining about being in a matchup he doesn't find fun?

It´s almost as if he is playing in the wrong division. If only there was a place for coaches to choose their matches...

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Just give the clown a decent AI to beat up on and a heap of LEGO to play with.

Let the adults have some peace for a while.

Jump to: