66 coaches online • Server time: 17:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What TR range should the teams in the King KO have?
TR100 - New Teams
65%
 65%  [ 77 ]
TR 100-120
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
TR 120-150
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
TR 150-170
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
TR 170-200
13%
 13%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 118

Renegade

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Today was a sad day. Somehow I seem to have lost all my groups. The OWC and the King KO disappeared at the same time I had my ranking reset. Which may or may not be the norm.

The reason for this is beside the point. I was truly amazed by the response to the King KO and intend to get it up and running again ASAP.
During the creation of the King KO, many coaches weren't interested because of the random nature of TR100 games, which they rightly saw as highly luck orientated. This time, i'm going to put it you guys to decide on the TR band via Poll.

Please ensure everyone who intends to participate in the tournament place a vote and in true democratic style, the one with the most votes by Wednesday will go ahead.to If you vote - try to join so I know for sure whats going to happen.

Finally, i'm truly sorry for the inconveniance this has caused. Sad Hopefully this set back will not harm the tournamnet we've all grown to love or hate. If you'd progressed a round in the previous cup don't be dis-heartened. I had progressed to the third round and fully intend to reprove myself. Note- this is an excellent oppurtunity for those that didn't know of the King KO until it had started to apply!

Here is the group page for the new cup - you can apply to join now but please be aware I may have to remove your team depending on the TR we settle for.

Last edited by Renegade on Jul 14, 2004 - 15:30; edited 1 time in total
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm... surely it would be worth asking support to recover the old matches first?? How do we know this isn't going to happen again???
Renegade

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I can asure you it most definately isn going to happen again. The admin can't help, i've already asked. I was in the third round too so i'm hoping the same doesn't occur Smile
Christer

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 17:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade wrote:
Today was a sad day. Somehow I seem to have lost all my groups. The OWC and the King KO disappeared at the same time I had my ranking reset. Which may or may not be the norm.

I resent the implication that the admins would delete your tournaments like that. We are fully able to stand for our actions and would definately have told you if we had done it.

If you want to discuss what happened to the tournaments, you can contact me and I'll tell you what the web access_log file says happened with them. There are better ways to approach this matter than to publically lash out at someone on the forums.
Freudianslippers

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Wish someone would reset my ranking!
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade - why not just have the coaches PM you the results and then set the tourney's back up manually ( A pain in the ass I know).

But it beats starting over, especially with the OWC which was almost done the preliminary stage.

Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you thought about running this as a large swiss tournament? It would be the same as a KO for the winner, but would give everyone that same amount of games. A 128 coach swiss tourney would be grand!
Renegade

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea of this forum post was to see how many coaches were willing to rejoin the cup if mI re-opened it after it disappeared. So far I have 34, still need a hell of alot more to make it as great as the last.

If you <b>voted grab a team now and sign up!</b> Its going to be one hell of a competition.
Renegade

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The slots are filling up nicely now, 71 coaches with a few invitations sent out for good measure. Remember guys, this is only going to work if we get an incredulous amount of numbers, which mean alot of work on my part and a small measure on yours. Hassle your friends through PM or via the chat. As soon as we've made up the numbers the tournament will begin. The sight of a 128 team KO schedule is truly awesome!
If you have any queries about the rules or have a general question regarding the proceedings do not hesitate to contact me through PM. I've recently added veteran Fumbbl coach Sarumanthewhite to the group staff list to help me run things. Again, if you think you could offer any improvements to the tournament drop me a line.
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2004 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

c'mon, 93 teams now, only 35 more to go, lets make this huge, i want to start playing...

"Best Bar in This Street"
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2004 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Can Renegade or Saruman push this thing along?

I dont want it to be an ANNUAL event.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

That's why I got an group pm from saruman. Well done Mully.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2004 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

"With the hugely successful King KO well underway I feel it’s high time I set about recruiting for my next event. There’s been quite a high demand for tournaments featuring high rated U teams, especially with the number of competitions tailored for freshly created squads."

signed

Renegade

Cool idea Ren' but you schould have worked on making King KO runs properly.

Yes, of course it runs, but slllooooowwwwwwwwww.
Renegade

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I had an issue with my ISP and was unable to gain access to the net for a month.
I apologize for this and promise things will start to speed up. There's very little that can be done if coaches are unable to get online at the same time to play matches. Automatic bys to later rounds are fine a few times but im faced with the problem of 2 teams in the second round that haven't even played - which goes through? Wink
sk8bcn

Post 12 Posted: Sep 24, 2004 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah that's ok.

I do believe that a little pm sometimes would help us to see if you're still interested in it or not.
 Jump to: