50 coaches online • Server time: 16:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

"and once you get the amount of teams required it will put you in a game" - Just get into brawls and smacks!
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
The problem with 1 in 10 is, in your last 10 games you have played KhorneliusPraxx 3 times and Wolvezzz twice.

How long would it be before you get zero games or horrible matchups because you already played almost everyone who plays at around that time?

I think that is partly just coincidence. In the 10 games before that, I only played the same coach once, and in the 10 before that, no times at all.

Tbh, I'd be willing to accept some bigger TV differences, if it helps to break the vicious cycle that has allowed monoactivators to decimate the off-peak Box. Over time, I really think it would attract more players to come back again.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

What is monoactivators i been away for a long time so whats happening?

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman is trolling the forums again, that is what's happening.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
koadah wrote:
The problem with 1 in 10 is, in your last 10 games you have played KhorneliusPraxx 3 times and Wolvezzz twice.

How long would it be before you get zero games or horrible matchups because you already played almost everyone who plays at around that time?

I think that is partly just coincidence. In the 10 games before that, I only played the same coach once, and in the 10 before that, no times at all.

Tbh, I'd be willing to accept some bigger TV differences, if it helps to break the vicious cycle that has allowed monoactivators to decimate the off-peak Box. Over time, I really think it would attract more players to come back again.

Indeed. Though I miscounted. You also played Kaze twice.
In your next 10 you played ScarsTheVampire three times and Kaze again.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
I honestly check to see if smallman has been active in the last hour before I activate. If he has been around, I don't activate, or UN-activate myself.

I have no desire to play the smallskop team.

Retire that team, then come back and ask people to play with you.

I got a nice box game last week cause smallman was not around. It was nice.

Seriously, how many times do old heads like you and me have to say we explicitly avoid playing Box at the times smallman does, for very specific reasons revolving around him.

I even go the extra mile, If I have a hankering, to wait until I seem him occupied before I activate.

Nothing he does or proposes will change my behavior to help him in what he wants because it's all utterly self serving so people can't avoid him.

Take me and The_Murker with a grain of salt or whatever but we're here, saying our piece, and ignore how we've reacted at your own folly.

Just to give everyone an idea of why its folly, smallman periodically makes threads like these and has never once, once! said "I will do something in-kind to grease the wheels to get what I want." These are all self serving dictums of what he wants from afar. The fact he makes the same thread over and over is evidence that he is primarily incapable of being integrated with the greater social scene of FUMBBL or has useful ideas to benefit the community.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Most-recent set of 10:

kaju-ken
KhorneliusPraxx
smallman
Wolvezzz
Wolvezzz
KhorneliusPraxx
Megalomania
FelixHouseCat
KhorneliusPraxx
GotrekSlayer

So, 5 of the games were against the same 2 players. Note that there were several recent games that don't count, because they were tourney games (although they were marked as Box), including one of the recent ones against Kaze.

Next set of 10:

Sweep12121
The_Murker
Justicium
kuku
ScarsTheVampire
ScarsTheVampire
Dei
Dacrav
ScarsTheVampire
Kaze

Ok, so I played Scars 3 times.

Set of 10 before that:

TotoPtitCoeur
Afro
aurelnatation
HandyKaufman
DonnyRainboe
Dacrav
ritzi
Mattius
Malmir
Cloggy

No duplicates.

So, I don't think the most recent 10 is typical. Plus, it seems there are enough different coaches activating that, even with the 1-in-10 rule, I probably would have still gotten a game more often that not (especially if 2-coach activations were allowed).

Anecdotally, I've certainly spent more evenings trying to get a game fruitlessly with the current scheduler, than those ones that would have been disallowed because of the 1-in-10 (only 5 in the last 4 months).

Bloodfeast

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

My two cents: Having every activation every 30 minutes. Mainly because it MAY bring more people together for every half/full hour. Having 1 hour between it think it is too long and most game I play is slightly over an hour, maybe 75 minutes or so. That leave you with 15 minutes to reload and go for another.

But then again, Christer is the one with all the stats and Im sure he has it this way beacuse he thinks is the best way.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
koadah wrote:

Most-recent set of 10:

kaju-ken
KhorneliusPraxx
smallman
Wolvezzz
Wolvezzz
KhorneliusPraxx
Megalomania
FelixHouseCat
KhorneliusPraxx
GotrekSlayer

So, 5 of the games were against the same 2 players. Note that there were several recent games that don't count, because they were tourney games (although they were marked as Box), including one of the recent ones against Kaze.

Next set of 10:

Sweep12121
The_Murker
Justicium
kuku
ScarsTheVampire
ScarsTheVampire
Dei
Dacrav
ScarsTheVampire
Kaze

Ok, so I played Scars 3 times.

Set of 10 before that:

TotoPtitCoeur
Afro
aurelnatation
HandyKaufman
DonnyRainboe
Dacrav
ritzi
Mattius
Malmir
Cloggy

No duplicates.

So, I don't think the most recent 10 is typical. Plus, it seems there are enough different coaches activating that, even with the 1-in-10 rule, I probably would have still gotten a game more often that not (especially if 2-coach activations were allowed).

Anecdotally, I've certainly spent more evenings trying to get a game fruitlessly with the current scheduler, than those ones that would have been disallowed because of the 1-in-10 (only 5 in the last 4 months).

On a long enough time line the 1/10 constraint will be satisfied. In the span of 10 selected games, it might not be.
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Who of you guys has introduced a new coach to fumbbl, from tt, or bb2 or elsewhere, and that prospect ended up being a stayer?
Everybody, starting with smallman - since you started this thread: did you take a coach by the hand and show him, how fumbbl works, did you give some tutorials, explain stuff, etc. and that coach than stayed here on fumbbl, is happily playing in some leagues and tournaments now, maybe?
If yes, good, now take the next prospect by the hand!
If your answer is "no", wtf are you wasting your time writing here on the forum? You want more box activation, well, you need more coaches in all timezones. Not trying to get everybody who is already here do what you want. Just help fumbbl growing, one prospect at a time. End of story.
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2019 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

MenonaLoco wrote:
Who of you guys has introduced a new coach to fumbbl, from tt, or bb2 or elsewhere, and that prospect ended up being a stayer?
Everybody, starting with smallman - since you started this thread: did you take a coach by the hand and show him, how fumbbl works, did you give some tutorials, explain stuff, etc. and that coach than stayed here on fumbbl, is happily playing in some leagues and tournaments now, maybe?
If your answer is "no", wtf are you wasting your time writing here on the forum? You want more box activation, well, you need more coaches in all timezones. Not trying to get everybody who is already here do what you want. Just help fumbbl growing, one prospect at a time. End of story.

Quoted for truth.
I’m always lurking on BB2 coaches streams and I do chat and try to get people over to here saying how much better it is but people over there all say the same thing “I would play if it had better graphics” yep it’s sad people think like this over having a game more like the TT

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2019 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

MenonaLoco wrote:

I agree!

The problem is not box activation mechanics. The problem is not that people won't acivate. The problem is not that people won't activate because smallman is around. These are just symptoms.

The problem is the lack of players around at that time. To solve this, you need more coaches. (See quote above).

People are trying to address the symptoms, not the problem.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2019 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Chicken and egg.

Getting more coaches won't help you if they don't actually want to play the Box.

You also have to make the off-peak Box a division that people want to play.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2019 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
I agree!

The problem is not box activation mechanics. The problem is not that people won't acivate. The problem is not that people won't activate because smallman is around. These are just symptoms.

The problem is the lack of players around at that time. To solve this, you need more coaches. (See quote above).

People are trying to address the symptoms, not the problem.

I don't agree. The player base on the site has been shrinking for years and low player numbers in the off-peak timezones is simply a fact of life.

I know that, if the scheduler worked as I described, I would get more games and spend fewer frustrating evenings trying to get one in vain. I know that, because I know how many evenings I sit there activating and end up with zip, having wasted up to an hour of my time. That, in turn, would make off-peak Box a more pleasant/viable environment in the off-peak, and it would start to encourage more coaches to come back.

Sorry Throweck, but you seem to be another coach who has the luxury of playing in the peak timezone, trying to tell us poor off-peak coaches to just suck it up. Easy to say, when you're not affected by the problem.

MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2019 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hä? There is off peak because of lack of coaches. There is peak because of many coaches in that tz. I don't see Throweck telling anybody to suck it up, i see him addressing the main issue.
Most coaches play box eventually. I didn't really get into it until the first box trophy. Whenever you get more coaches, some of them will activate. You need at least 4 coaches to do a successfull box howl - with more coaches, this is more likely to happen. Wink

So, how many coaches did you introduce in 2018 to fumbbl, how many of them still sticking around?
 Jump to: