43 coaches online • Server time: 17:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smallman

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

There are easily enough players around in the off peak time for the box to trigger every hour. But because the chances of it triggering on any specific 15min interval are so low, most don't bother to even look, and go do something else.

This means currently no box games get played for hours on end. Christer has no interest in improving the box scheduler, but instead wants us to nominate times in the forum, and hope enough people read it and remember it for that to be a better solution lol.

So I suggest off-peak players only activate on the bb hour, to get the best chance of us getting more games. I will activate atleast 4 teams on the hour starting tomorrow.
asteflix

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Smallman should be banned from talking in the forums. Being passive aggressive only serves to turn people against you.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

When's off-peak?

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Lost soul
Tomay

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Spec SWL while your waiting to see some awesome league action during the Southern Hemisphere busy hours.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
When's off-peak?

Yes, living in Dubai, I am too early for Europe, too late for Asia/Australia and I think I am asleep when the Americans play...

So when is this "off peak" as it seems for me to be all the time!
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly check to see if smallman has been active in the last hour before I activate. If he has been around, I don't activate, or UN-activate myself.

I have no desire to play the smallskop team.

Retire that team, then come back and ask people to play with you.

I got a nice box game last week cause smallman was not around. It was nice.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Rarely any box games between 01:00 and 09:00 bbtime
Mattius

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's deal with the cause, not the symptom.

We need more players. Can you guys in Asia respond to my post about growing fumbbl?

If we have some of the online areas where BB people get together, then you guys can start promoting fumbbl and getting new people over.

Take responsibility!

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=30569
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

When is off peak im on nights tonight and will play

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:

This means currently no box games get played for hours on end. Christer has no interest in improving the box scheduler, but instead wants us to nominate times in the forum, and hope enough people read it and remember it for that to be a better solution lol.

Of all people on this site Christer most likely put in the most time to improve the box. He disagrees with your idea of a solution though. It's his site, so his call to make. And I'm sure you know that, which makes this post pretty offensive in my opinion.

Aside from a conscious insult, I think the solution you push would be the wrong one. why would someone wait for an hour that isn't already doing so? Nothing is stopping anyone from trying to activate for an hour, if that would be what it takes.
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
I honestly check to see if smallman has been active in the last hour before I activate. If he has been around, I don't activate, or UN-activate myself.

I have no desire to play the smallskop team.

Retire that team, then come back and ask people to play with you.

I got a nice box game last week cause smallman was not around. It was nice.

Have to agree 100%
also why dont we take on a BB2 approach on how they get games? just let any one *spin* at any timne and once you get the amount of teams required it will put you in a game

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:

Have to agree 100%
also why dont we take on a BB2 approach on how they get games? just let any one *spin* at any timne and once you get the amount of teams required it will put you in a game

Probably because even though they have more coaches than we do, they get bigger TV gaps.

The more teams you have in a draw, the better the match-ups.

Smallman's idea is a good one. The only issue is that people don't want to play vs Smallman. Wink

So. Everyone agree to activate on the hour but actually active at quarter to. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a better solution for off-peak Blackbox would be to allow a game to be scheduled if there are only 2 coaches activated, but impose the same restriction (behind the scenes) as Ranked: that two coaches can't play each other more than 1 in every 10 games.

Benefits:
  • Much easier to get a Box game in off-peak times.
  • It wouldn't be possible to 'arrange' games any more than it is in Ranked.
  • It would help to deal with the perceived issue of 'monoactivators' driving people away from the Box during off-peak times. Once you've played the monoactivator, then you know you will get at least 9 games before you (might) have to play them again.

(I understand it would require coding changes though, so not likely to happen any time soon)

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2019 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with 1 in 10 is, in your last 10 games you have played KhorneliusPraxx 3 times and Wolvezzz twice.

How long would it be before you get zero games or horrible matchups because you already played almost everyone who plays at around that time?

Jump to: