37 coaches online • Server time: 13:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill on the necro ghoul
AG 4
75%
 75%  [ 25 ]
Sure hands
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Something else
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

Milman

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2019 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

delusional wrote:
Milman wrote:
Played the game today.
Won with 2-1 and got to hurt 3 elves in the proces.
I went with wrestle on the wolf that realy helped allot in taking down the wardancer.
Took Ag+ on the ghoul what was scary in some moments but it worked great.
Got an intercept with a golem! And standfirm also counters stripsball!! What was handy,lucky and fun! Very Happy
Was a fun game and now i’m in the running for the play-offs again.
Thank for the advise.
Now i’m up against undead next game Smile

Man glad Ag4 worked out.
For all those that scream block, a wressle player can be even more effective!

but I don't get this:
>> And standfirm also counters stripsball!!
Well I don't think this is a correct interpritation of the rules. If you are meaning a player with 'standfirm' does not get stripped of the ball.

stand firm
"A player with this skill may choose to not be pushed back as the result of a block. He may choose to ignore being pushed by ‘Pushed’ results, and to have ‘Knock-down’ results knock the player down in the square where he started. If a player is pushed back into a player using Stand Firm then neither player moves.

Read more: Stand Firm https://bbtactics.com/stand-firm/"

"strip ball
When a player with this skill blocks an opponent with the ball, applying a ‘Pushed’ or ‘Defender Stumbles’ result will cause the opposing player to drop the ball in the square that they are pushed to, even if the opposing player is not Knocked Down.

Read more: Strip Ball https://bbtactics.com/strip-ball/"

They are not pushed to a square. However "may choose to not be pushed back as the result of a block". That isn't they can ignore the pushback.
I see it that they are 'pushed' into the square they are standing in. Fluff, a player that strips the ball would strip it out of an immovable player.

Did you really give the ball to your Golem?

Naturally having the Golem in the cage means if the ball went free, you have a player interfere and maybe grab the ball.

first , i didnt give the ball to the golem. he intercepted it.(what a boss)
and we indeed played with the fact that the golem cant lose the ball because he cant be pushed, but, 1 turn later he pow-both/down'ed my golem so he got the ball anyway and managed to score his 1st TD. i got tho score before halftime and scored a second time in the second half.
(the stripball not working on the standfirm,we debated on that and it was the elf player who also was thinking stripball wouldnt work)

very happy with the AG4 ghoul! realy needed this win and feel like he did his part.so lets hope he does as good in the next game.

wrestle did great vs the dancer.got to put him on the floor quick and fouled him,got a badly hurt on him.

tackle on anything will be the next skill ofcourse Smile
delusional

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2019 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Milman wrote:

tackle on anything will be the next skill ofcourse Smile

He could end up being the only AG4, Tackle Golem around Wink
Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2019 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

delusional wrote:
For all those that scream block, a wressle player can be even more effective!

The Meta has many slaves, and some will forfeit any doubles/stat roll to make sure everything is properly Blockguardspammed.

To give an example: I'm very much enjoying my Dodgestep Bloater as he'll keep most opposing big guys occupied for most of the game XD Plus in hairy situations he can dodge to empty squares at 75% success chance at the cost of no RRs. Had I taken Blockguard, I'd have had something boring that would have been fixed in its position. The strategic possibilities increase exponentially, as I can determine where he goes.
 Jump to: