25 coaches online • Server time: 08:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

In a game this morning Scheduled against Some Guy's BB team), I blitzed a deathroller with a Tackle, Fend, Kickoff return, Block (no juggernaught) Embarassed

The opponent selected push from the halfdicing, and the client did not give him the chance to choose to use stand firm, simply went straight to the push.

I initially thought of a missclick and went on with my turn. I'm sorry for that, because I simply commented that it did not show in the game log and stopped looking at the chat.

Which was this:

Embarassed Where'd that go!? Embarassed

I haven't got the game log because I closed it after the opponent left.

By the way, I'm happy for the game to be unscheduled. I have dealt with bugs in the past by forfeiting turns and picking up from the "frozen player" moment, always trying to make the game as fair and balanced as the client permits, even with the occasional or better said extremely rare bugs. I've ragequit in the past myself, but by conceding, not by disappearing. Again, I'm sorry for my automated response to the bug, and for this outcome.

I'm just a bit disappointed that not everyone assumes good faith and entirely possible oversight and distractions. Embarassed

Oops'ed by LB
asteflix

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Or, he clicked no without seeing it and attacked and insulted you for it.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I would remove the coach's name to avoid naming & shaming.
Java

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I would remove the coach's name to avoid naming & shaming.

I thought your suggestion was good and appropriate, but then I need to reference which game it was, which would make obvious who's the opponent, and that makes censorship pointless.

I could cut the whole exchange but I don't think it's a major transgression, more like a momentary lapse of politeness. Which will definitely be amended soon.
Java

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

asteflix wrote:
Or, he clicked no without seeing it and attacked and insulted you for it.

Stand Firm wasn't in the game log at all so I don't think that's the case.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this related to the bug where if one person doesn't use stand firm then an opposing player in a chain can not choose stand firm?.
Nothing the admins could do about a bug any case. Would seem excessive to unschedule if someone can't do a stand firm..
Although you shouldn't name and shame on the forums it is worth pointing out the abuse to admins. No abuse wanted on fumbbl. And a long term coach may have been getting away with it for a long time.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Charming.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, not your fault OP - in games I'm often focusing on what I'm doing, not the dice that my opponent is selecting, etc. Of course you're aware that your opponent can choose not to use stand firm, but I wouldn't check the log to see if they did or not.
 Jump to: