60 coaches online • Server time: 23:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Take the +AG on the ball handler or not?
Take the +AG!
100%
 100%  [ 42 ]
Don't take the +AG! (See comments for my suggestion)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You should always take Block first!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You should always take Guard first!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 42

Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay another poll!

My tabletop ball handler pestigor has rolled 11 on his third skill up.

I've already got a block/+AG pestigor, and the ball handler is half developed with Sure Hands/Extra Arms already.

In general gameplay, I don't see a whole lot of direct benefit to the higher AG, as he already picks up and catches balls on 2+. Sure, there are some options involving tackle zones, but isn't that like rolling out a red carpet for Nuffle to come and screw things up?

Should I take it, or should I forfeit it in lieu of another, more suitable, skill for my ball handler?

And I've included the meta slaves' favourite options, Block and Guard, too! Yay everyone's a winner!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Take it.
Block and Tackle should be the next regular skills.
Dodge if you roll a double.
To summarize: you should have a Block, Sure Hands, Extra Arms, AG 4, Tackle Pestigor; if you roll a double take Dodge, otherwise, take either Stand Firm or Kick-Off Return.

Next time, when you are building a Pestigor ball carrier, I suggest to start with Sure Hands, Block, Two Heads, because if you roll +AG it's better with Two Heads than with Extra Arms. You are going to dodge more often than pick up the ball. Take Extra Arms only if you can't roll +AG at 4th skill up or so (although Tackle is always a sound skill choice for ball carriers).
Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Next time, when you are building a Pestigor ball carrier, I suggest to start with Sure Hands, Block, Two Heads, because if you roll +AG it's better with Two Heads than with Extra Arms. You are going to dodge more often than pick up the ball. Take Extra Arms only if you can't roll +AG at 4th skill up or so (although Tackle is always a sound skill choice for ball carriers).

I like this suggestion a lot better than the trajectory I've been on so far. Thanks!

Edit: although this build so far shelves the need for Big Hand to some extent (hoo bloody ray)

Last edited by Eczemabeard on Mar 16, 2019 - 19:33; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers! Smile
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You could also use an ag4 wrestler for cage breaking. Though carrier should be an ag4.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

No Pie poll option, so no opinion...

(I like to take AG+ always Razz ).

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Btw you're the first one I've heard mention using tackle on the ball handler.

Surely I come from a claustrophobic little group of players, with rarely any to no contact with the outside world of Blood Bowl, each with their own little odd sides. This I've never heard and am implementing ASAP

Tackle is going to get those madafakas with blodgestep and diving tackle off my ball carrier's 'ads'

Last edited by Eczemabeard on Mar 16, 2019 - 20:12; edited 1 time in total
Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
No Pie poll option, so no opinion...

There will be pie next time.

Block, guard, pie. Memorized.
Joost

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord_Bromhidrosis wrote:
Btw you're the first one I've heard mention using tackle on the ball handler.

Surely I come from a claustrophobic little group of players, with rarely any to no contact with the outside world of Blood Bowl, each with their own little odd sides. This I've never heard and am implementing ASAP

Tackle is going to get those madafakas with blodgestep and diving tackle off my ball carrier's 'ads'

Indeed. And make your mobile carrier a very useful threat when you defend.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2019 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is this even a question!

DLE College 7s
Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2019 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
Why is this even a question!

LMAO

I'm trying to get better at the game. Need other coaches' points of views to learn. Scroll up and watch me learn!
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2019 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Take dirty player. Ball fouls are the best.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2019 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Take it.
Block and Tackle should be the next regular skills.
Dodge if you roll a double.
To summarize: you should have a Block, Sure Hands, Extra Arms, AG 4, Tackle Pestigor; if you roll a double take Dodge, otherwise, take either Stand Firm or Kick-Off Return.

You forgot about big hand. Big hand is a pretty sick skill especially for dealing with tackle zones but also the weather.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2019 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The rain is not an issue, because AG 4 + Extra Arms means 2+ pick up anyway for this particular Pestigor.
I didn't forget Big Hand, I just suggested skills with the highest priority, in my opinion.
Big Hand is nice, but Extra Arms already used a skill slot, so I suggested Stand Firm (to prevent pushing/crowdsurf) or Kick-Off Return (because Nurgle is a slow team and ideally the ball carrier should be able to pick up the kicked-off ball with no need of GFI).
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2019 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm saying big hand > extra arms on AG4 but it's a bit of a moot point for this particular player.

Jump to: