9 coaches online • Server time: 06:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Rob Reiner films?
Stand By Me
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Princess Bride
54%
 54%  [ 36 ]
Misery
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
This is Spinal Tap
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
A Few Good Men
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
When Harry Met Sallly
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 66

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a comic

This is also a comic

The more we could get closer to the top one, the better.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Why are critics dissatisfied with the performance of James Caan in Misery?

To the true content of this topic:
I wished for a very realistic display of the figures on the client. No comic look please.

realistic vampires?

err....

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually that's Cyanide.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 05:07
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
And this is FUMBBL:
(Image)

Post deleted. Just don't. Please
Dominik

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This graphics resemble my tabletop board game of Blood Bowl I own pretty much.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
This graphics resemble my tabletop board game of Blood Bowl I own pretty much.

It is actually artwork for Cyanide's Blood Bowl game.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If Christer and the volunteers want to they can start a poll about the preference of the FUMBBL coaches and then start creating the icons according to the result.
fidius

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

No need. I think we can infer from Princess Bride winning this poll that FUMBBL coaches prefer shallow caricatures and clever one-liners to timeless social commentary within a cutting parodic rockumentary.

Cartoons >> Real Life
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

FWIW, the only thing that matters is product in hand. The aesthetics are important but with function first - my only request to you Garion is that you ensure that in mirror matches, the possibility of confusion between teams could be dampened.

Oh, and in certain scenarios it's hard to tell who has and hasn't moved when playing in the rain.

Visually, those are two hangups with the status quo that frustrate me.

This is good feedback, it is useful, and about functionality. Which is the most important thing.

As for realistic, honestly its not going to happen. I don't think you guys appreciate how little room there is to play with even on a 4k monitor. with the pitch full screen you are talking 145px by 145px per square. Which would be big guy size. then St4, st3, st2 and st1 players would all be smaller on a sliding scale.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
No need. I think we can infer from Princess Bride winning this poll that FUMBBL coaches prefer shallow caricatures and clever one-liners to timeless social commentary within a cutting parodic rockumentary.

Cartoons >> Real Life

Laughing

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a thought with this site I came up with a few days ago in completely different subject:
"Single-Image Super-Resolution for Anime-Style Art using Deep Convolutional Neural Networks. And it supports photo." http://waifu2x.udp.jp/

So here is a sample, I just tried it out on the fumbbl icons:
Original:
https://fumbbl.com/i/466037
This is the 30x30 icon of Elf Blitzer. Copied from fumbbl website, looks pretty much the same that is on the client. Idk if it is. I think it is.

First iteration is (from above website) done with style=artwork, noise reduction=highest, upscaling=2x. Thus producing 60x60 icon that looks like this:

Repeated process twice always with the new image, second is 120x120:

Third:

Thoughts? I think this works rather well.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't checked any of the links yet. However one change I would like to see is removing the side icons.

One reason being that to create an icon you have always had to create 2. You can be really happy with the front one and left frustrated by not being able to replicate a good side one (pygmies took 10 years off my life).

The other being running backwards doesnt look great. If you have to backtrack essentially you have your guys moving backward.

What I suggest (as this is a clean slate) is action icons (like I did for the birthday admins). When you click on them they feel animated, coming into action. This also really suit the parts type creation as you could have action and stationary parts.

I think having the old icons as an option would be great.
Eczemabeard

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

Lets assume the majority will play on 1920*1080 displays and in future many more will even play on 4k displays.

By chance, on Tuesday I tried to run it on my interactive whiteboard in school. The client took up a tiny little corner of the display.

I support what Dominik says!
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord_Bromhidrosis wrote:
Dominik wrote:

Lets assume the majority will play on 1920*1080 displays and in future many more will even play on 4k displays.

By chance, on Tuesday I tried to run it on my interactive whiteboard in school. The client took up a tiny little corner of the display.

I support what Dominik says!

We're not talking about keeping the client and the images at the same size as they are now.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2019 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I haven't checked any of the links yet. However one change I would like to see is removing the side icons.

One reason being that to create an icon you have always had to create 2. You can be really happy with the front one and left frustrated by not being able to replicate a good side one (pygmies took 10 years off my life).

The other being running backwards doesnt look great. If you have to backtrack essentially you have your guys moving backward.

What I suggest (as this is a clean slate) is action icons (like I did for the birthday admins). When you click on them they feel animated, coming into action. This also really suit the parts type creation as you could have action and stationary parts.

I think having the old icons as an option would be great.

yes this is indeed the plan. even if at first, when moving they just have a yellow outline. In the future we may be able to have the limbs in a stationary position, then a moving position.