41 coaches online • Server time: 15:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2019 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

When i try to open up the java client windows 10 tries to open the .jnlp client with IE ActiveX interface Marshaling Library.

I cannot get Windows 10 to switch all .jnlp files to open with Java instead of ActiveX.

I have searched all over the "webz" and it seems Iam either to old to figure this out or windows10 is a bitch to configure....might just go to a pawn store and get a windows 8 computer for 150 bucks.

help

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2019 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

with windows 10 you should be able to right click on the .jnlp file and choose "open with" which will have a list of programs. If javaws.exe isn't there, at the bottom there's a "choose another app" option and you should be able to find it through that.

There might be an easier way if someone knows it?

edit: I use firefox, not IE - not sure if that makes it different.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2019 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I finally figured it out.

Download Firefox and once you get your java auto launch enabled on the start up you are good to go.

Specifically what I did was go into javaconfig and there are settings to open .jnlp files with Mozzilla, it is not default. I clicked that box and blammo, it worked once I downloaded firefox.

Hopes this helps new coaches or old men like me.