14 coaches online • Server time: 07:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
VillainousIntent

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Just used bulla shardhorn and he performed pretty well particularly for the cost. Also played against Bilerot Vomitflesh and he was a real nuisance also for the cost! Thoughts on new star players?

Also both Star players are nurgle affiliated, coincidence?
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 09:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Bulla was set to the wrong cost, so I can imagine it felt a bit overpowered. This has been adjusted now Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The star players have intentionally been made better in this edition. Last edition 90% of them were so worthless they never got used. Now you have different tools for different opposition. Choice is good

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes the new ones are generally much better, actually usable unlike many of the old ones! This is certainly deliberate, there is even some fluff in one of the Spikes about Dolfar Longstride getting killed by another star - an in-joke acknowledgement I think of how useless he was. Dolfar is/(was?!) really hopeless, in realistic terms 150k for a wood elf lineman with kick... err no thanks. (So do we delete Dolfar now? Can't say he'd be missed - have never seen him on either side of the pitch, ever, in over a thousand games!)
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree that many of the old star players weren't very appealing, but Dolfar I never had anything against. He does a very narrow and specialized thing, but he does it well. That's good star player design IMO.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
Agree that many of the old star players weren't very appealing, but Dolfar I never had anything against. He does a very narrow and specialized thing, but he does it well. That's good star player design IMO.
Not for the price though. which was the problem.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

He couldn't realistically be any cheaper though. He has 5 synergistic skills on an elf statline, it's just that none of them are Block, Dodge or Wrestle. And of course Loner on a ball-handling player is always a tough sell.

That said, I have seen him do work.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

meh, for me all those extra skills are extraneous, - Loner, Diving Catch, Hail Mary Pass, Kick, Kick-off Return, Pass Block. Id rather get rid of all of them and only have kick, for a much much cheaper player. Also dolphar isn't the worst star player in crp by any stretch, there are plenty of worthless stars.

The work on the star players in this edition is one of the things the designers have been getting spot on imo.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 14:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I didn’t know who Bulla Shardhorn was before reading this thread. My least favourite thing about the development of this edition is how piecemeal it is. I was waiting for a ‘compendium’ but at the rate they’re going it’ll be several years away.

I do like the new Stars though. It’s a shame they all still have Loner.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Amon242

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not see Bulla Shardhorn listed under Nurgle team roster - is he active on Fumbbl?

https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6Nurgle%27sRottersSetUp
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2019 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

He is. Fumbbl is up to date with rosters and stars. Only some of the new inducements are missing

Those help pages need updating