77 coaches online • Server time: 21:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roto

Post   Posted: May 04, 2019 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

gallahbrains wrote:
I don't think it's cool to use homophobic words like, "gay". I also don't think it's cool to fly into a rage about it. It's a very minor thing. Realise that the vast majority of people these days are not homophobic and homophobia is not acceptable, so when something like this occurs, keep the outrage and offense in proportion to the crime.

In this case either ignoring it, or a simple, "I am gay and I'd appreciate if you didn't use that word in a derogatory fashion" seems more appropriate that a sweary outraged response and a huge forum thread.

The thing is, it may be minor to you, but to someone else it could very well be a major thing. And unfortunately, there's a surprising number of people who are just as homophobic and caustic as stereotypes might suggest. Hell, in this thread you have multiple people saying its not a big deal to use an derogatory word to describe something they think is shitty.

Do I think OP should have gone into a rage? Not really, there's better ways to handle it, especially as it seems the offender apologized, but he had every right to be offended and outraged.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2019 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for lecturing me, thoralf.... by totally missing the point. So i try it again: Imho it is the OP's responsibility to calm down. There has been an appropriate response by the admin, the rest is up to him, and not us here in some forum post keyboard warrior duels.

Last edited by MenonaLoco on %b %04, %2019 - %07:%May; edited 1 time in total
Lorebass

Post   Posted: May 04, 2019 - 05:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Soooo, this has been going on and occasionally off onto a tangent for a few days now. I believe we all know now how each of us feel about this issue. I would prefer to lock this before it gets out of hand and possibly offensive.

Assuming there is not anything more to say on the topic. It feels (to me) that opinions and agreements have been settled on and/or represented for the most part.
Bobs

Post   Posted: May 04, 2019 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I can post something out of hand and offensive if that would help Smile (Ask Ramchop)

ramchop

Post   Posted: May 04, 2019 - 08:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

He definitely can. Very Happy Shutting it down might be the best course of action
 Jump to: