34 coaches online • Server time: 10:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, as you can read, WA isn´t that bad.
But, due to the high cost and no "block" (high risk for turn overs), I wouln´d buy a Rat Ogre at the team creation. 2 Storm vermins, 2 gutter runners and one thrower (of course an apo) make up a good starting team. If you don´t loose too many players, a Rat Oger might be purchased after a few games.
G_u_s

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

i disagree. i think WA are to be bought at team creation, because it gives a lot of firepower. it also demands practice to arrange for 3D blocks, so they gain SPPs quicker and cause less turnover. but it's worth it, when after 2 or 3 games, you have a frenzy block ST 5 beast that has a 1/6 chance of succeeding his block/blitz, and that doesn't lose its TZ when failing.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Got to be better then Trees, they always spend the first half in some forrest somewhere
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are going to use a WA, you should buy him early. Later in your team's career, a lot of opponents are going to have Block, or Blodge and there will be more Guard around so it will be harder for your rookie WA to get the POWs and casualties. Early on, Skull/Pows still get you casualties due to your Mighty Blow, later on, you go down, they don't and he just becomes a frustrating liability.

still disliked all round!
Ansbach

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Since we are on the subject, what do you guys like as the first skill pick for Rat Ogres? I'm thinking either Block or Break Tackle, with either Pro, Spikes or Razor Sharp Claws on doubles?

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Block for the first skill!

And on doubles i'd take tentacles (maybe pro), but never spikes...
Ansbach

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see the usefulness of Tentacles, but why do you think Spikes is so bad? It seems like a RO is going to get ganged up on a lot and you would be protecting your investment, so to speak...
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

You want a better protection for your investment, get foul appearance. Spikes are fine for absorbing a couple more hits, but with FA you not only can avoid every sixth hit entirely but also, so long asyou're on the field, the enemy passing game is toast, even if you're on the ground or standing there growling.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

WA's are great, after you get a couple of skill, espicially if you roll doubles, you'll have block and tentacles, after that you don't really have to "waste" blitz on the WA roll. If you get even more doubles, they become awesome killing machines. Imho they are the best big guys around. RO's can even score pretty well if you want to, you just propably will have to waste your blitz there to get the bugger moving.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
If you are going to use a WA, you should buy him early. Later in your team's career, a lot of opponents are going to have Block, or Blodge and there will be more Guard around so it will be harder for your rookie WA to get the POWs and casualties. Early on, Skull/Pows still get you casualties due to your Mighty Blow, later on, you go down, they don't and he just becomes a frustrating liability.

very very very wise.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Skills for RO and Minos: block ALWAYS as first skill on normal rolls. Guard as a second skill.

Doubles: Pro ALWAYS as the first double roll. The second one... well... Claw, Tentacles, Foul Appearance... it depends on your style.

But I think the first ones are musts in most cases. Especially if you are not a super-expert (maybe you are, but in this case I doubt you would ask Smile ).

My two pence.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I gave my rat ogre Pro and now I don't worry about WA.

:3
Lord-Willi

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2004 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

What happens if you just want to move ?
Still have to choose Blitz and then just don't make the action ???
My Rat Ogre figured out that doing TD's is quite funny as well, but if i have to roll the 4+ to get him going he won't be able to do many of them !
Dementor

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord-Willi wrote:
What happens if you just want to move ?
Still have to choose Blitz and then just don't make the action ???

You don't have to use the blitz. But it vaslty increases your chances of actually moving the WA Laughing
BTW, there was a whole thread on it which I am too lazy to look up and quote here.
sothys

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

+ag block pro Rat ogre, Next skill is gonna be passblock, and he's gonna be a mean intersepter, who will bash your head in if he does'nt catch the ball Razz
 Jump to: