60 coaches online • Server time: 21:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SmallBearwithPeas

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I extend my thanks to those benefactors after my previous!

morehouse wrote:
The fantasy gamer community is just not a very competitive bunch, it's made of people who came up playing single player games that exist to validate the player

An interesting perspective, as was your evaluation of the skills of the aforementioned individuals.
That would be similar to the prevalence of "smurfing" in other competitive video games.
But! That only has me question the suitability of a new player to such an environment. I'd hate to waste the time of others, if such a challenge is so commonly sought.

Malmir wrote:
I would say fumbbl skill is more awesome than Lorebass. Just my two cents

Playing with fire there, old fruit!

Badoek wrote:
I laughed, don't mind the grognards please. Can't help you with your questions though.

Thank you very much. I do admit some of it was a little discouraging!
But Kudos! Very wise indeed are those who know the limits of their knowledge.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 07, 2019 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

play some games here and find out for yourself.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2019 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if people are just making posts to try and get a mention on the podcast...

However if you are a beginner looking to improve then I sincerely doubt it will matter which is better. Whatever format you prefer and go with it. I am pretty sure at my point of development that top players in either will beat me 9 times out of 10 and I will learn from either game. Until you get close I don't think it matters. Then remember the BB2 community is split by console/PC which have different levels within the BB2 community.

Just make sure wherever you play you get challenged and you will have the chance to get better. If you start winning too much try other places or bigger competitions.

Heck play both, and some tabletop if you can find some games nearby. Anything but that AI should help you advance.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 08, 2019 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

morehouse wrote:
To directly answer at least a couple of your examples, most experienced Fumbbl players I have heard rate Sage and Jimmy put them roughly 6-8 out of ten. Somewhere from slightly above average to pretty good. I have never once heard anybody say either one was an elite Fumbbl player during their time here.

Really? I'd say they both are. Both Major winners after all. I think they're probably both pretty gamey and both famous for a particular thing; however I think they were both right up there with who they were playing with at the time.

The best of the best ever? Yeah no on that, but got to be 9..9.5s surely?

SmallBearwithPeas wrote:

Ah now this is the golden tooth wrestled from the head of the referee. Their stat points were distributed more equally across Skill and Charisma enough to profit from the available financial incentives.

They both certainly both moved on due to the twitch incentive. Slowly but surely it became worthwhile to them. The both started when BB2 was quite new, and they had a competitive advantage over the community over there. The community there now is much larger so......statistically it might have better coaches now. However also more noobs for sure. So the average player is probably better here.

As for charisma? I haven't watched much of the_sage but do you really find JF charismatic? I started to watch one of his matches on youtube and found him boring. Ok, me and the guy really don't get on, but I believe he founded his fanbase on his 'killy POMBY' play style, rather than charisma. Still he's been successful, so kudos here.

cKnoor also played here. He was pretty average. He did some FUMBBL youtube videos.

I'm not sure your first impression on an established and aged community should be that of a troll. First impressions last. Took JF a long time to lose the nickname given to him, due to his behaviour here.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 08, 2019 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The one that is better is the one that you prefer playing.

If you are really a terrible coach then any half decent coach can help improve your game massively as long as they can make themselves understood. Wink

This isn't chess. Any half decent coach can beat any legend as long as Nuffle wills it.

Which is better? Fumbbl or Cyanide? Each has many facets. If you don't understand the system and community, you can end up with a lot of crap games on either.
When you do understand it, blood bowl is the greatest game ever.

Of course BB2 doesn't have Secret League Mr. Green

Post   Posted: May 08, 2019 - 05:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I AM DA BEST!
Badoek

Post   Posted: May 08, 2019 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
morehouse wrote:
To directly answer at least a couple of your examples, most experienced Fumbbl players I have heard rate Sage and Jimmy put them roughly 6-8 out of ten. Somewhere from slightly above average to pretty good. I have never once heard anybody say either one was an elite Fumbbl player during their time here.

Really? I'd say they both are. Both Major winners after all. I think they're probably both pretty gamey and both famous for a particular thing; however I think they were both right up there with who they were playing with at the time.

The best of the best ever? Yeah no on that, but got to be 9..9.5s surely?

Oooh yes also this, forgot to mention that. Both were rather tough cookies to play against.

So... all in all, we can now assume SmallBearwithPeas is just Jimmy right?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 08, 2019 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice intro post... made me laugh.

I am a fumbbl guy thru and thru... been here 16 bloody years... i am a grognard of medium skill. I played BB2 a few times and found it full of rage quitters who had no idea how to play the game. I play here because its challenging and not full of rage quitters...
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 08, 2019 - 10:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:

Most likely. He's almost certainly not a 'noob'

...and I very much doubt he's from Iran.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Rbthma

Post   Posted: May 08, 2019 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Badoek wrote:

Most likely. He's almost certainly not a 'noob'

...and I very much doubt he's from Iran.

OP's profile said Somalia yesterday, so maybe just traveling? Smile
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: May 08, 2019 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, dont know much about the cyanide guys. I only know that our top coaches malmir and morehouse refuse to play there, so, they missing the best of the best, for sure.
kummo

Post   Posted: May 09, 2019 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MenonaLoco wrote:
Bah, dont know much about the cyanide guys. I only know that our top coaches malmir and morehouse refuse to play there, so, they missing the best of the best, for sure.

Bhgandras
Wreckage
Endzone
MattDakka
Stonetroll

but then again BB2 has their own elite too

Bleedinghippy
Andydavo (i believe he is #1 or #2 Dark Elf coach on tabletop now)
Gerbear
Enarion
Ducke

I feel like the top are just so good at both platforms.. it doesn't even matter. I have played some of them and have seen most of the guys mentioned play - i have had ok games against some but most of them will just roll over me if i make even one mistake.

BB2 has also solid "mediocre" coaches ground like fumbbl has. Its just maybe that bb2 has more new players than fumbbl has. Also the "mediocre" crowd is much wider on bb2 so the elite ones are harder to spot. Lack of ranking system and huge majors tournaments hides the talents from outsiders - heck.. i might have ever even heard about the really best ones cuz i just don't play or follow the leagues where they play. I just listed coaches i know perform well no matter environment and are constant.

PS: Dunno which camp Spartako for example would end up in
Badoek

Post   Posted: May 09, 2019 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

oooh and to answer the thread title: no, absolutely not because that would be heresy. The awesomeness of Lorebass knows no boundaries.

Lorebass 125k 6 3 3 8 Diving Tackle, Kick, Stand Firm, Stunty, Thick Skull

Post   Posted: May 09, 2019 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

There are 2 Lorebasses remember.
SmallBearwithPeas

Post   Posted: May 18, 2019 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
play some games here and find out for yourself.

But how, good Sir, would a new player have the ability to evaluate such skill?
How often those knowing forget that they were when they did not!

Christy wrote:
Heck play both, and some tabletop if you can find some games nearby.

Can't paint! Won't paint!
However, your attitude probably is a beneficial one! The possibility of migration is always ... a possibility!
That said; wasn't aware there was a podcast. And sincerely doubt posts such as this are worth discussing!

harvestmouse wrote:
As for charisma? I haven't watched much of the_sage but do you really find JF charismatic?

Jimmy Fantastic is very essence of Charisma, Old Spice! Without his charming cynicism who knows how fewer players there would be?
A veritable Champion of the game!

It is also encouraging to learn these teachers are not so incompetent! Thank you very much!

But as for reputation; how valuable, really, is the love of arrogant or fickle individuals for whom any and all diverting from their comfortable expectations are acts worthy of condemnation?
In fact, you could say that their immediate reaction does me only a favour. As you say, first impressions and all that.
Selfishness is not in living as one wishes to live, but in demanding others live as one wishes to live.
Judge not lest ye be judged.

The proverbs are near limitless!

After all, when one's behaviour is distasteful to another, and that another demands correction; is it always so obvious who is right? Surely demands themselves demand reciprocal demands?
Verily the road to contradiction!

Lorebass wrote:
I AM DA BEST!

As it is written, so it is known!

Badoek wrote:

If only I had his skill!
Perhaps in time. Perhaps in time! And possibly aided by what knowledge I can glean from you good people!

But judging from Lorebass' picture, you may have forgotten bloodlust!

ClayInfinity wrote:
I am a fumbbl guy thru and thru... been here 16 bloody years... i am a grognard of medium skill. I played BB2 a few times and found it full of rage quitters who had no idea how to play the game. I play here because its challenging and not full of rage quitters...

16 years! I hope those bloody years were bloody in your favour! Maybe a little in your disfavour too. Keeps it interesting.
But behold! A veteran. And come now, although appreciated, let's not be modest! Your comparisons after such experience is very valuable. Thank you.

Though you must admit; Cyanide's animations can be pretty!

mister__joshua wrote:
Most likely. He's almost certainly not a 'noob' ...and I very much doubt he's from Iran.

Thank you for the compliment! I do try to do my homework.

Rbthma wrote:
OP's profile said Somalia yesterday, so maybe just traveling?

Always account for travel time, my Good Spice!

MenonaLoco wrote:

Now this is very specific. As I've now learned how to command and manipulate the Fumbbl client, I will try to watch some of their games.

Thank you very much for the recommendation!

kummo wrote:
BB2 has also solid "mediocre" coaches ground like fumbbl has. Its just maybe that bb2 has more new players than fumbbl has. Also the "mediocre" crowd is much wider on bb2 so the elite ones are harder to spot.

A very useful list of names for me. Thank you!

You also echo some of those previous. Blood Bowl 2, in it's accessibility and Steam endorsed popularity; a true bastion of mediocrity! Full and overflowing with the waters of incapability!
And perhaps worse still.

But thank you again for the names, my alien acquaintance!
 Jump to: