53 coaches online • Server time: 13:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wolbum

Post 20 Posted: May 11, 2019 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I was reading a thread commenting in how good many of the new star players are. A comment which got my attention particularly is that 90% of old stars were, for all intents and purposes, terrible.

While I have discussed Stars before in the chat for a while, I am curious to know which of the old stars are generally considered worthless or terrible in general.

I think most can agree the likes of Griff, Eldril, Deeproot, Slibli, Roxanna, Ripper and the secret weapon stars are all generally decent to good choices.

But which stars were considered just bad?
Dominik

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Prince Moranion is gold.

Lewdgrip Whiparm is bad, as is Willow Rosebark. But the following ones are just really useless:
Rashnak Backstabber, Dolfar Longstride, (Soaren Hightower), Humerus Carpal (worst one), Ithaca Benoin, Lottabottol, Quetzal Leap, Scrappa Sorehead are all equally bad (because for example I never chose one of them).
Java

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

why is Lewdgrip bad?

I don't think he's amazing, I find he just has fairly useful skills that go well together, and he's quite durable

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I’ve used a few of the ones that Dom mentioned with some success, but most star players are situational in terms of who they are good for and against.

I’d probably put Sinnedbad, rashnak Backstabber, and Zhaarg Mad Eye onto the list of worst star players. They just don’t work well or add anything to their possible teams.

At least Ithaca Benoin gives Khemri a reliable option to pick up the ball, and Humerus Carpal gives Khemri a little bit of speed.

Soarer Hightower is a good thrower, it’s just that high elves usually already have in house great throwers. He only gets a run if your normal throwers are all MNG.

Scrapper Soarhead isn’t a bad star player either, it’s just that the other star players for goblins are significantly better. I mean why take a pogo when you can have two of either an extra chainsaw, bomber, ball and chain, or troll?

Lottabottl is situationally good against elves, but most of the time I’d prefer Hemlock for the cheaper stab.

Quetzal Leap also gives something different with an MV8 AG4 leaping, long legs, catch, diving catch, NOS (and fend). His issue is his $250k price tag which is the same cost as the much more utalitarion Slibli who costs the same.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

the blunderbuss dwarf.

basically he's good as los fodder...for one drive.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

How are Willow Rosebark and Barik Farblast seen in the main? Besides Scrappa, I feel the majority of the returning old stars in BB2016 are fairly decent choices mostly. Mainly in reference to the BB DZ2 book as Spike have brought back stars in bulk, but even in that regard.

Also I assume one of the main differences between new and old stars is that most of the new stars are more cheaper and cost effective? Mordix Hex comes to mind, she seems really strong for her cost.

In contrast, despite being love or hate, we have Morg of the old guard.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

almic85 wrote:

I’d probably put Sinnedbad, rashnak Backstabber, and Zhaarg Mad Eye onto the list of worst star players. They just don’t work well or add anything to their possible teams.

I didn't think Sinnedbad was that bad. He looks eliminated from bb2016 undead though. Granted I mainly used him as a fouler and a loner zomb/skelly would have been better and cheaper
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Willow Rosebark

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Flings dont agree about Willow, sometimes he is usefull when you cant afford better.

And Humerus Carpal is a good BC for Khemri or for the team of my friend ThierryM , the Bones Galore , they use him very often. Wink

In other hand i played quite a lot games with Woodies and never took, Dolfar Longstride , i find him pretty useless for his price.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think all stars are good in specific matchups and situations. But some of them are kinda million to one that you end up in a situation u need just that star. I think of them of a nice fluff and it is pretty fun when u actually end up using them or if the opponent have them on the pitch, but sure, some of them could just vanish and noone would even know they where gone :/

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I used sinnedbad as he was real cheap and had a little success, JU ma6 is pretty useful on khemri and stab can be fun.

I would have to say blunderbuss dwarf/Zharrg and also the bomber dwarf suck (ag2 bomber).
pokrjax

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I notice Frank N Stein is available on fumbbl now. Is he in bb2016? Haven't used him yet but seems right up there with slibli to me.
Dominik

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

almic85 wrote:
Lottabottl is situationally good against elves, but most of the time I’d prefer Hemlock for the cheaper stab.

Quetzal Leap also gives something different with an MV8 AG4 leaping, long legs, catch, diving catch, NOS (and fend). His issue is his $250k price tag which is the same cost as the much more utalitarion Slibli who costs the same.

Lottabottl isnt that bad but he is not a decent choice either. Good against dodgers, you name it. That's it.
Quetzal Leap is worse I believe since he his heavily overrated. You know, St 2 and over 200k costs but no one turner...
Grod

Post   Posted: May 11, 2019 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the bomb guys (Dribblesnot and Boomer Eziasson). They usually cost just 60k and can really turn the drive they are on the field. Plus they are plain fun. Someone commented that Boomer has only ag 2, which is true, but he has accurate which more than makes up for it by meaning he is unlikely to fumble a throw, even if it is inaccurate.

I don't like players with chainsaws (Flint Churnblade, Ugroth Bolgrot, Nobbla Blackwart, Hack Enslash, Helmut Wulf). They are all reasonably expensive, can kill themselves on a 1/6 chance on their own first block or foul, and very rarely survive even 1 block or blitz. They are a quick way to be down a player in a drive.

Oscar Wilde
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: May 12, 2019 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Doofr wrote:
Flings dont agree about Willow, sometimes he is usefull when you cant afford better.

She’s a she! How rude!