36 coaches online • Server time: 11:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Subs

Post   Posted: May 28, 2019 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello fellow bloodbowlers!

I plan to play this team for the incoming NAF tournament:
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=933643

2 blitzers 220 (tackle(sb?)-mb(guard? diving tackle?))
1 catcher 100 dodge (wrestle?)
1 thrower 70 leader
7 linemen 420
2 rerolls 100
1 Eldril 200
3 simples 60
1 double 30

TOTAL 1200

Then kick on a lineman and dodge(wrestle)on the catcher
And finally two dodge linemen.

What do you think about that?

Is it better to take a second catcher and just one reroll?

I wonder too if the competences i am choosing are the right ones or in the right order... Is SB better than tackle?
Do i take kick before any comp on the catcher?

If anyone want to help!
Thx by advance! :]
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: May 28, 2019 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

you should take kick on the catcher
Subs

Post   Posted: May 28, 2019 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting! :]
Thx a lot Mister Lemon!!
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 28, 2019 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have experience with using Hypnotic Gaze? I wonder how helpful Eldril really is? He certainly gives an option for cage breaking.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2019 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

blitzers need dodge. kick is stupid. take dodge. anyone else also needs dodge Smile I think 1 rr but 2 catchers, give one of them wrestle. maybe you can even stack wrestle strip if you want to go all in for the eldril play...
juck101

Post   Posted: May 28, 2019 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Eldril is amazing. Blitzers need blodge and ideally 1 catcher gets a good skill to take the pressure off your main players. He dies to tackle so guard him
Subs

Post   Posted: May 29, 2019 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the advices! So the good rooster is, for you, two blitzers dodge, two catchers (one dodge, one wrestle) and the thrower leader.

Then i'll go for strip ball on the wrestling catcher. And dodge the max of linemen. :]

Is kick really stupid? I was thinking that it could synergise with Eldril on certain kick events... But perhaps dodge is still better. It is my only last question...

And perhaps not taking eldrill at all for a rr and a catcher dodge but it changes all the plan! Razz
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: May 29, 2019 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick can be game breaking if it works. It just doesn't always work, but I think the risk/reward of it for elves is worth it. Nothing more demoralizing that having a elf team get to a kick-off before your receiving team can.
Subs

Post   Posted: May 29, 2019 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

So kick could be an option...
I have to think about it right now! Thx amazingprizzini!:]
DrDeath

Post   Posted: May 29, 2019 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go with Strider's suggestion. Pro elfs desperately need dodge at low tv. Yes kick can be good but it's situational, often won't make much difference. A few elfs with dodge will help you control space reliably, on offence and defence - that is essential especially with few team rerolls (personally I'd prefer 2 or 3 rrs on an elf team with little dodge - even with your skill-ups). And blodge blitzers at low tv are especially good. Have fun with it whatever you decide, Eldril should give some interesting play (try to keep him protected until he's needed to set up that big sack!)
madvig

Post   Posted: May 29, 2019 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Looked at a tv1100 elf team with the Sidewindler. I had a test game with two different rosters, and eldrin is too unstabile. With the loner you cant reroll that (hopefully) 3+ gaze roll, and he is standing in a tz that has to be blitzed away due to his av7...

A friend of mine told me to play with a leap/wrestle catcher, and 2 dodge catchers. dodge and dodge/DT blitzers. When i tested that roster instead i felt i had more control. Mainly because i didnt have a loner and could afford another RR Smile

BTW! i have to inform that i couldnt stack skills with a star on my team, and that is why i couldnt use a combo of these two rosters.
Subs

Post   Posted: May 29, 2019 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i'll go with Eldril to have a real try of his capacities. Perhaps (certainly?) a pro-elves team without any stars is better but i have to test it! :]

I'm a bit affraid that madvig analyse will be true and than Eldril will be to instable and only two rerolls very short... but we'll see!

And ok, you should be true, i let away kick for another dodging lineman.

Thx for your advices madvig and DrDeath!:]
 Jump to: