51 coaches online • Server time: 14:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2019 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizards don't have a problem moving other peoples stuff to get a skink in scoring position so I think that I'd go block. A blodge ag4 skink that can score without gfi from 10 out should be easily protected and not take hits usually. Leaping elves would be the only issue and you could just adapt and use that skink to return the 1 turning favor against them.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2019 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Block isn’t going to protect him that much when there are so many ways to get 3D on him..
Usefulness for the team would be sure hands, imho..
Like, the OTS will be there but your team shouldn’t need to use that too often ..where sure hands will help you to manage RRs better

PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2019 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

To elaborate:

You will only ever want to OTS if your defence has gone wrong and you have let in a T8 TD. So the natural OTTD player has rare use. Also, a MA10 is easy to OTS with, and the sprint only adds a fractional % increase in success. (Maths needs to be done here, as a third gfi might actually be more risky than an engineered push...)

Block makes him survive longer. Fact. An AG4 skink is gold and can score anytime he wants, protection is useful.

However, I might also be tempted to consider sure hands. On defence, I assume you hide him behind your lines, waiting for a ball-error from the other team. He then swoops in to recover. SH gives you a RR on a 3+ or 4+ pickup (assuming TZs) saving the RR for escaping. I would wager that this offers an increase in % greater than that of the OTSer. SH also helps him survive WD attacks when he is nestled in a cage of guarding sauri. Sure, block does the same, but in a half-dice situation, SH is better.

But do what you want - it's your team. What will help you have more fun? Maybe Dirty Player for that important foul that you just have to make, anywhere on the pitch!

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2019 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Block isn’t going to protect him that much when there are so many ways to get 3D on him..
Usefulness for the team would be sure hands, imho..
Like, the OTS will be there but your team shouldn’t need to use that too often ..where sure hands will help you to manage RRs better

Or what she said... in far fewer words!

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2019 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Assuming you want to keep this guy around, I think Block is the best option by a little way. The -AV and the Catch and Sure Feet choices mean I would personally sack him, but if you want to keep him playing,

Brutal!
-AV is a bit of character for a ball carrier. Will shorten his life of course.

As he has catch, move and agility increases, and sure feet he has basically been built towards one turning. So as great as block is to keep him longer, sprint is really completing that path for him. Side step is an option, though he is likely to be knocked down most times without block. Sure Hands is not a bad choice either if you weren't bothered about one turning.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2019 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
To elaborate:

You will only ever want to OTS if your defence has gone wrong and you have let in a T8 TD. So the natural OTTD player has rare use.

I think for most players this is reasonably common. But true that it is not every match.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2019 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I’m not the best coach so a T8 score will happen frequently. I am tempted by sure hands for the reasons mentioned but i will only need it on longer drives. In those cases I can use my sh skink as carrier, since scoring with him shouldn’t be too hard either. So as mentioned by of so far he was developed with one turning in mind. A suboptimal choice perhaps but even at suboptimal I think a m10 a4 skink is great value.

But I see the point that one turning should be doable anyway. However: what do people think about the threat of a natural oneturner? Would it force an early score? Make the defense set up differently?

Also I see this team mostly as one for tourneys, not box play. For the latter I would have at least cut a few rerolls.

And thanks for the responses so far. They are much appreciated.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2019 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

One issue is opponents will try and hunt your one turner down. You have quite a lot of TV invested in him. You may even be tempted to bench him sometimes, which then doesn't make the most use out of him. Of course maybe you can somehow distract people with him too.