51 coaches online • Server time: 13:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ansbach

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a stats nut and enjoyed looking through all the stats on this website. Looking at the win percentages kind of suprised me... especially seeing Chaos Dwarves and Amazons at the very top. There isn't a whole lot of difference between most of the 'standard' races with the exception of the two at the very top and very bottom. I guess Norse and Chaos Humans seem to be particularly bad. I was also suprised that Orcs and Humans are near the bottom of the list.

Anyway, I threw out all the ties and came up with a list of the Top Races according to Win Percentage:

Race --- Wins per 100 Losses

1. Chaos Dwarves --- 138
2. Amazons --- 131
3. Undead --- 122
4. Skaven --- 118
5. Wood Elves --- 115
6. Elves --- 115
7. Dwarves --- 111
8. Lizard Men --- 108
9. Khemri --- 100
10. Dark Elves --- 98
11. Necromantic --- 98
12. Orcs --- 97
13. High Elves --- 95
14. Humans --- 91
15. Nurgle's Rotters --- 88
16. Norse --- 84
17. Chaos --- 80

[18. Goblins --- 75]
[19. Halflings --- 50]

Obviously this is not the end-all be-all list of Best Teams in Blood Bowl, especially for those who prefer casualties to scoring! Evil or Very Mad
But I guess it's about as close as we can reasonably guesstimate.

Besides, who would have guessed that Khemri are the most balanced team in Blood Bowl?!?!? Razz

Link: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=race

Last edited by Ansbach on Jul 14, 2004 - 22:59; edited 4 times in total
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

This just goes to show that CD is by far the best race.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
This just goes to show that CD is by far the best race.

... at TR 100. You 'forgot' that part. Razz

Remember, Christer has said that the average # of games / team is about 5 or 6 in spite of the 300+TR teams that blow the curve. These results are skewed by low TR games (which is why amazons are ranked so highly as well).

Yes, they progress well with a few skills on the bulls and some more guard on the CDs, but their primary ball carriers are all just 6337 and you see a lot of front-loaded CD teams.

{ edit: wow. that was eerily close to quoting your own post... creepy. }

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

As MrMojo, I'm not really surprised that CD is at the top. The Zon part does thou, as well as chaos being at the bottom. I'm pretty sure the reason for this is that ppl tent to pick bashy skills whenever it's possible. It might be fun, but you don't win more IMHO. Rotters aren't on the list? I can't find the list on the Stats pages. Link pls? Smile

Edit: just saw BadMrMojo's post... guess that does take the surprise element away more or less. With both zons and chaos Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

That makes more sense knowing that this is heavily weighted by the low TR teams. Too bad there aren't filters. But for me that also adds to the suprise of Orcs being so low, and especially Norse! I would have guessed Norse were the opposite - they start out strong with block, cheap/skill players, etc. and then fizzle out later on as the AV-7 catches up with them...
Ash

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

To make representative stats you must exclude the game between same race...
Next, this kind of stats is never representative about roster efficiency cause of game filtering... not hard for amazon to have such score if amazon coaches refuse game soon as opponement have 2 tackles...

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos are low because once they get strong enough to win... they are usually so loaded with claw/rsf that nobody will play against them. So they lose until they are strong and then sit idle waiting for someone who doesn't know any better to put his guys out there against 2 dps and 3 claw/rsf gits.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs get hosed because every noob picks them for their first team. Mainly because when they ask for advice thats what most people tend to recommend Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed. I forgot "that" part, but on the whole they (CD) are one of the, let's say, overpowered teams. With dwarf blockers and bulls and a big guy, and ag 3 hogoblins, they are pretty flexible. They can handle the ball and bash a lot. that's my 2 cents (euro cents) Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

hogoblins.... ain't it funny

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing that may affect chaos dwarves is that generally the more experience fumbbl coaches are likely to pick them. In the tabletop game due to the lack of figures available for the team, few people play CDs. Probably newbies to fumbbl then stay away from them until they have tried a few teams first???

It is the opposite of BunnyPunchers comment for Orcs: they are hosed because newbies tend to pick them (as well as humans).

Oscar Wilde
Hecropolix

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

75% win percentage with goblins, most people who try them must have no idea what they are doing.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Based on my experience... goblins of equal TR/TS kick the crap out of Elf teams of all flavors.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

great, an elf team with equal TS already has 1/3 of its players missing Razz
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The low win % for humans are also because of the large amount of newbies that play them. Humans actually have one of the best starting rosters.
 Jump to: