19 coaches online • Server time: 02:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2019 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's hoping Bo knows how to score a triple and foul off a superstar in the same match!
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2019 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

'Well Rats, here we are.

Our opponent has decided to take a siesta, as that is the sporting life. But to be fair, the Otyugh is happy about this. More time to eat!

But the rest of you twisted maniacs, you aren't so easily amused are you?

You want stories!

Stories!

This hotel is great and all.. yes Badger, and the surrounding alleys and sewers.. yes there's tons of God food.. yes I KNOW those elves were kind enough to move into the suite below ours. They did have delicious.. what? NO the small elves aren't just snacks for you! Wait how many.. oh Nuffle.. ok I don't want to hear any more about them! NOR THE HALFLING CHEF!

We are never going to be invited back...

Right, story time!

So far exactly half of the qualifier games have been played. That means 53 games played, and only 69 teams left in the tournament.

Why are you laughing??

Anyway, surprisingly, no races (except for Amazon's, who obviously didn't feel at home here and never showed up in the first place!) are out of the tournament yet.

The only undefeated races are Amazon (ha! they never played), Norse, and Nurgle.

Orcs (7 left)
7 Nurgle

Dark Elves (6 left)
Slann (5 left)
Chaos Chosen (5 left)

Khemri (4 left)
Chaos Dorfs (4 left)
Lizardmen (4 left)

Wood Elves (3 left)
Goblins (3 left)
Chaos Renegades (3 left)
3 Norse

Elven Union (2 left)
High Elves (2 left)
Humans (2 left)
Vampires (2 left)

Undead (1 left)
Ogres (1 left)
Necromantic (1 left)
Halflings (1 left)
Dorfs (1 left)
Skaven (1 left)
Underworld (1 left)

The biggest losers have been Khemri and Goblins, both losing 6 matches so far. But the biggest winners are also Goblins (7 matches), Dark Elves (7 matches) and Nurgle! (6 matches). I guess if they're the biggest winners AND losers, they must win the tournament right?

It's looking much more crowded down in our neck of the woods - 6 other races are down to only 1 team too!

That probably explains why those halflngs moved in upstairs. Their original hotel kicked them out when the other teams couldn't pay! Hopefully they can find a replacement chef for their qualifiers finals.

Some of the matches have been spectacular! Some of them also saw teams scoring touchdowns, which I guess matters too.

A few of the big names still need to move on to win!

What? Who are the big names?

I don't know, I've been nursing a skink back to health for 6 years, and watching ekfball! I don't know the big name teams anynore! Why do you think I'm watching all this???!

Sheesh, lycanthropes, always with the obvious questions.

Well, that's the update for today!

Get well fed Rats! You're gonna need it!'
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2019 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

'We fed the Rats too well. Neither the Badger nor the Otyugh tried to eat anything in the game..

We also made some rookie coaching mistakes, doing a risky move first. This resulted in double skulls after the re-roll, leaving our ball free to a blitz. With the mass guard and tackle of the opponent's, and the invulnerable armor of our opponent, resulted in us never recovering.

0-0 at half time, 0-1 on turn 8 of the second half, and then they got a Blitz! to stop our attempt at a one turn touchdown.'

Underworld has become the first race entered in the tourney who have been completely knocked out.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Is anybody else cheering for Bo to 'know' something new after this match coming up?

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11780233

Well the Buccaneers get taken out in the opening round and Bo did learn something from this match.

* Bo knows how to roll a double 1 on a GFI and blow it at the most critical time of a major game and cost the Bucs big time.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

As the only Norse team not in forlorn, I wish to congratulate my viking brothers for not dropping a game yet. NORSE WILL PREVAIL !!

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Notably, Norse are the only team not to lose a match yet!
asteflix

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2019 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

122 teams entered, 69 (teehee) teams are left. So let's take a look at the attrition numbers, and what they tell us about the teams that entered.

56,55% of teams are left, let's call it 57%. Which means of all teams combined, 43% of the teams were knocked out. Let's compare that number against the averages of teams left in this tournament.

10 Orcs (7 left) 30% attrition
10 Khemri (4 left) 60% attrition
9 Goblins (3 left) 67% attrition
8 Chaos Dorfs (4 left) 50% attrition
8 Dark Elves (6 left) 25% attrition
7 Nurgle (5 left) 29% attrition
7 Chaos Chosen (5 left) 29% attrition
7 Slann (4 left) 43% attrition
6 Lizardmen (4 left) 33% attrition
6 Chaos Renegades (3 left) 50% attrition
6 Necromantic (1 left) 83% attrition (!!!!!)
5 Wood Elves (3 left) 40% attrition
5 Halflings (1 left) 80% attrition
4 Elven Union (2 left) 50% attrition
3 Norse 0% attrition
3 Humans (1 left) 67% attrition
3 Vampires (1 left) 67% attrition
3 High Elves (1 left) 67% attrition
3 Ogres (1 left) 67% attrition
3 Dorfs (1 left) 67% attrition
2 Skaven (1 left) 50% attrition
2 Undead (0 left) 100% attrition
2 Underworld (0 left) 100% attrition
0 Amazon N/A

That then tells us a tale of what teams are good to make deep runs, with norse and the 100% attrition teams removed because they are outliers.

The only teams with positive %, aka less teams than expected were knocked out of the tournament are, with slann being directly on the nose at:

8 Dark Elves (6 left) 25% attrition
7 Nurgle (5 left) 29% attrition
7 Chaos Chosen (5 left) 29% attrition
10 Orcs (7 left) 30% attrition
6 Lizardmen (4 left) 33% attrition
5 Wood Elves (3 left) 40% attrition

7 Slann (4 left) 43% attrition

and after that, we have all the losing teams:

4 Elven Union (2 left) 50% attrition
6 Chaos Renegades (3 left) 50% attrition
8 Chaos Dorfs (4 left) 50% attrition
2 Skaven (1 left) 50% attrition
10 Khemri (4 left) 60% attrition
9 Goblins (3 left) 67% attrition
3 Humans (1 left) 67% attrition
3 Vampires (1 left) 67% attrition
3 High Elves (1 left) 67% attrition
3 Ogres (1 left) 67% attrition
3 Dorfs (1 left) 67% attrition
5 Halflings (1 left) 80% attrition
6 Necromantic (1 left) 83% attrition

Basically, play Dark Elves, Nurgles, Chaos Chosen, Orcs, Lizardmen, Wood Elves or Slann if you want the best chance to make it deep. Or you know, play norse and win every game Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2019 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we have our first qualifier winner! And for some interesting stats on it, Norse have managed to continue their undefeated streak (and thus, Norse get into the main draw!) and Nuffle has laughed at the Renegades team that dared to defeat underworld!

What do you mean the Renegades underworld opponent was coached terribly and made mistakes? What does that have to do with anything?

Anyway, looking at the rest of the tournament, we see that of the 4 undead races, only 1 Khemri team is left. Since only 6 races are out of the tournament at all yet, it seems telling that half of them are undead types.

Dark Elves have the highest number of their entrants still in the tournament (6 remain), while Khemri have lost the highest number of teams (9 out).

Of the types, Mutants still have the most entrants in the tournament, but Elves have the highest percentage of their entrants still in the tournament.

Only 30 games left to go, which will produce 15 more teams to join Norse know nothing but snow in the main draw!
asteflix

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2019 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Today the Complicated French Dishes Norse team mourn the passing of a legendary ogre named after them. Thank you very much to Ben_Awesome for naming an ogre after us ! We promise you a title for his legacy ! https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12297855

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2019 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

A second qualifier has been completed; Halflings finish off the last of the Goblin entrants, much to the chagrin of the GLT organizers!

Norse (know nothing but snow) and Halfling (Left My Heart In San Francisco) are the only 2 teams so far into the main draw.

There are 23 more games that need to be resolved before the main draw happens; 14 slots still need to be filled in the main draw before we can see who will win the most prestigious tournament of the year!

All of the Undead races have been completely eliminated. 9 Races in total have been eliminated (or didn't start *cough* Amazons-couldn't-hack-the-environment *cough*)

Khemri (0 left)
Goblins (0 left)
Humans (0 left)
Vampires (0 left)
Necromantic (0 left)
Ogres (0 left)
Undead (0 left)
Underworld (0 left)
0 Amazon
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2019 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

While the first two completed qualifiers were both forlorn (why did we give those other shmucky races extra time for their matches? Forlorn races play fast! Take that time back!), a third qualifier, in the high TV category, has completed.

We now have the following races and teams in the main draw:
Norse (know nothing but snow)
Halfling (Left My Heart In San Francisco)
Dark Elf (CL Winner 2019)

Bashers have passed elves as the highest percentage of their teams still in play - aided immensely by the undefeated norse. Dark Elves and Orcs and Nurgle are all down to 4 teams still in the tournament.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2019 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there's still some khemri left Smile

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=829273

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2019 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

crap. that means i got the opponents wrong on one of my teams. that's what i get for doing this all by hand.

I'll try to get it fixed, but it may take a while to actually find where the error is. However, could you check the qualifier they're in, and see if maybe I missed one of the other games in the same qualifier? (That's the most likely error, and one I've already made at least twice, but I caught it myself.)

I keep my two posts on the first page updated with full lists of game results, by category.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2019 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

They're in Forlorn 2, but I think the overall count of 10 khemri in was correct by my quick check, I think you just missed them in the last update Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2019 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I take the original 10, and then I subtract each time a race loses a game. I never actually look back through the while tournament.

Which means, I probably counted the same game twice somewhere, where khemri lost. Which means someone else is out, and I didn't record that game.
 Jump to: