22 coaches online • Server time: 05:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2019 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I swear that this team is embezzling money. They rolled expensive mistakes 9 times. The results? They rolled four 1s, three 2s, and "lost" 400K!!!
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2019 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You could, you know, invest in players?
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2019 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
You could, you know, invest in players?

I was waiting until I started playing some higher TV teams and I already had to replace 2 bobs and 2 blitzers
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2019 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

And another 2!!!
neilwat

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2019 - 22:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Lads on tour, they are drinking it all
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2019 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If your cash is above 200k and you don't want to roll a 1 and lose half of it, but you also don't want to expand your team because of reasons, you can spend money until you are at 190k and then fire the stuff you bought (cheerleaders, coaches, linos, you name it)

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2019 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
If your cash is above 200k and you don't want to roll a 1 and lose half of it, but you also don't want to expand your team because of reasons, you can spend money until you are at 190k and then fire the stuff you bought (cheerleaders, coaches, linos, you name it)

I think that may help my issues. For some reason I kept thinking the ideal amount to keep was 290k not 190k. I want to keep enough on hand in case this black orc died so I can buy a new bob and 3rd reroll
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2019 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I would buy that reroll now and replace him as soon as you have the cash. Leader is an unnecessary use of a skill slot on a black orc, who should take block, guard, mighty blow, skipping doubles and stats except for strength. At 76 spp and high tv you'll wish that leader slot was occupied by something useful. 60k for a trr does not warrant trying to min max via a 30k saving and a skill slot that could be used for stand firm or (fingers crossed) diving tackle/dodge. It's a false economy imo.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2019 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
I would buy that reroll now and replace him as soon as you have the cash. Leader is an unnecessary use of a skill slot on a black orc, who should take block, guard, mighty blow, skipping doubles and stats except for strength. At 76 spp and high tv you'll wish that leader slot was occupied by something useful. 60k for a trr does not warrant trying to min max via a 30k saving and a skill slot that could be used for stand firm or (fingers crossed) diving tackle/dodge. It's a false economy imo.

Nah, it worked pretty well when I was in the first 15 game TV protection range and I'm not firing a block guard bob with no injury
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2019 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

You have 170k and only 12 players including a MNG. Another player and a 3rd reroll are good options. You could also replace the -ag. Seems you have been very fortunate with number of casualties against! 14 cas, including 9 badly hurt, in 18 games. Tough orcs!

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2019 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

So expensive mistakes are just scammers from Delhi!

I hope this is reflected in the next GW rulebook Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2019 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm rather hoping that spam note is allowed to remain (maybe eliminating the link) Its all rather on topic, in my book Very Happy
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2019 - 11:10
FUMBBL Staff

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Java wrote:

I think that may help my issues. For some reason I kept thinking the ideal amount to keep was 290k not 190k. I want to keep enough on hand in case this black orc died so I can buy a new bob and 3rd reroll

I believe 290 is the ideal amount to keep because it's at 300k the really big losses are possible. Before that you're only losing 2D6x10k a time which isn't a big hit, and will keep your average cash higher than sitting at 190

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2019 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

I believe 290 is the ideal amount to keep because it's at 300k the really big losses are possible. Before that you're only losing 2D6x10k a time which isn't a big hit, and will keep your average cash higher than sitting at 190

200,000-299,000 bracket means you lose half of your Treasury if you roll 1 on D6 for Expensive Mistakes check.
So, you are risking half of your Treasury, not just 2D6 x 10,000, if you have more than 199,000 gps.

Instead if the Treasury is in the 100,000-199,000 bracket the worst possible loss is D3 x 10,000.

As an aside, it would be nice to dump a desired amount of gold (or just setting your desired Treasury cap) without having to buy/fire a.coaches, but I understand it would require work for a quite trivial change. Disclaimer to prevent Christer from blitzing me Razz : I'm not trying to shoehorn my personal agenda, just an idea topic-related.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2019 - 14:12
FUMBBL Staff

Right, yeah. was trying to remember the table but the principle is the same. At 290 you have a 1/6 chance of losing half, which would drop you to 150k ish. Can’t remember which way it rounds. I’d still venture that on average that gives you more gold than deliberately sitting at 190k. I think I worked it out back when it was released but couldn’t say for sure now.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
 Jump to: