40 coaches online • Server time: 11:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/01/gencon-previewgw-homepage-post-1/

looks like the box comes with 6 saraus and 6 skinks. No one knows if the green skinks are a new positional or just for variety. Slann reduced to a turn counter.
Joost

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks to me like a new type of player, perhaps a chameleon skink?
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

it is a chameleon skink, as the text says so. really hope they havent buffed the lizards. If I were to guess I would say they are the sme price - 1 AV with the skill Catch. Which wouldn't be awful. If they start with Sure Hands though that will be far too big a buff.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Shindahl would love some catch skinks!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion, will you edit the Chameleon Skinks from your Secret League Skink roster and make them like the GW ones?
I think you should for consistency (as you did for example adding to the Eshin Gutter Runners Weeping Dagger).
If you don't want to change them then I suggest a name change to prevent confusion.

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 01, 2019 - 19:54; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Garion, will you edit the Chameleon Skinks from your Secret League Skink roster and make them like the GW ones?
I think you should for consistency (as you did for example with the Gutter Runner Weeping Dagger).

it depends on what they do with them really, most likely I will, but if its something truly awful I won't. That said I included Weeping Daggers even though i consider their inclusion in the rules an abomination.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
it is a chameleon skink, as the text says so. really hope they havent buffed the lizards. If I were to guess I would say they are the sme price - 1 AV with the skill Catch. Which wouldn't be awful. If they start with Sure Hands though that will be far too big a buff.

Even giving them catch makes an already very good offensive bash team even better with more reliable 1 and 2 turn options
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Garion wrote:

Even giving them catch makes an already very good offensive bash team even better with more reliable 1 and 2 turn options

sure, I don't know what they have done, this is just a guess. I would rather Lizardmen were left well alone as they are already very top of tier 1. But Catch and -Av wouldnt push them over the top imo. It would be a tiny buff, which they absolutely don't need. But it wouldn't be game breaking.

The new player could be something worthless like a skink with diving catch for 10k more which will almost never get taken.

The miniature has a tongue firing out it's mouth and catching the ball. so it would appear to be catch or diving catch.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Catch and 'Chameleon' (works like foul appearance)

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

With the skinks big eyes they look a bit more like BB Slann than usual.

Last edited by garyt1 on Aug 01, 2019 - 23:40; edited 1 time in total
neilwat

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 21:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The skinks look a bit drunk
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

neilwat wrote:
The skinks look a bit drunk

I dunno if it is the sculpture or the painting, but they look like derpy pugs or Chihuahuas to me.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

They do mention chameleon Skinks in the text, but just after writing Massive Saurus. Doesn't sound like a specific positional. Just Saurus and skink.
Though anybody who wants a Lizardmen team from scratch will want a Krox model.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like a baller positional to me. Maybe with monstrous mouth. Hope I am wrong though.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2019 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

They're kind of missing the point with these type of '2 tone' rosters; believing they're boring because they lack positionals and sadly not seeing the depth.
 Jump to: