36 coaches online • Server time: 09:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DeeKay

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

Had a game recently (https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4082916 here if anyone's interested) and I came across a situation I hadn't expected. A Mino with Claw blitzed into my Rotspawn and ends up stunning himself. The other team is down to 5 players by this point but it is a Mino with Claw. So I proceed to crowd and foul it in the next turn. The Mino survives the attempt, and every other subsequent foul, but I left the game with a question. Roles reversed, would they do the same?

Are players that do not foul ignoring one of the mechanics of the game out of a sense of fair play? Is there a point at which fouling is unacceptable or is it fair game throughout?

I realise there won't be a definitive answer but I think it could be fun to get a list of fouling do's and don't's. If it's been done before, where can I find the thread?

With regards,
Dan.
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

You know the badges? They were created, so you can paste them in your team bio or about page when you accomplish certain goals. Well, there is one badge on the list of "impossible" badges:

"Make everyone agree about t16 fouling.", it says.

https://fumbbl.com/files/GLN/BadgesLRB6/Divine.gif

https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=25&page=16

So, good luck with your "list of fouling do's and don't's". Wink
Gozer_the_Gozerian

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Let us say that you are playing against your husband or wife and fouling him or her on turn 16 will result in you sleeping on the couch that night. In that case, I might suggest that you refrain.
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling is in the game rules and has been programmed onto Fumbbl.

You can do it once per turn.

That's it.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Gozer_the_Gozerian wrote:
will result in you sleeping on the couch that night

You got this mixed up. The person who suggests the couch sleeping, does the couch sleeping. Finished.

Wozzaa wrote:
Fouling is in the game rules and has been programmed onto Fumbbl.

You can do it once per turn.

That's it.

Also this.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

You got this mixed up. The person who suggests the couch sleeping, does the couch sleeping. Finished.

getting to sleep on the couch is like going camping. Guys don't mind it.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2019 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no real definitive do or don't in fouling, and there's a million threads on this (really, it would take too long to link them all).

Basically it boils down to: if you want to, foul.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2019 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

We can foul if we want to. We can leave our friends behind. And if our friends don't foul, and if they don't foul, then they are no friends of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMGodM0zm8k
-if you need to ask, you have missed the point.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2019 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of threads on fouling. Definitely the fact it is called fouling is part of why many people think you shouldn't do it...like it is cheating.
The thing is in the background fluff it is cheating, but in terms of the game we play it is in the rules. Nothing stopping you fouling but the fear/chance of player ejection.
If late in the match people will say there is no spps to be gained so it is just malicious. but on the other hand if you didn't foul that guy, maybe he would get up and hit you etc. And even if not, it is simply part of the game to be embraced. I am more wary against a coach who seems likely to foul.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2019 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling. For those who aspire one day to be worthy of news. Angry news!
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2019 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
LDefinitely the fact it is called fouling is part of why many people think you shouldn't do it...like it is cheating.

Not many IMO. Unless they are very new.

It is more about damaging the team. Especially when the game is considered done.

Some people won't care at all. Some people will think "the more blood the better". Some will be unhappy if you cause "unnecessary damage". Some will be unhappy until they decide that they are going to retire the team anyway. then they urge you on.

Some people think that you should play the game the way that they like it. Otherwise, you are an arse.

It is up to you to what extent you wish care about what other people feel.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2019 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:

getting to sleep on the couch is like going camping. Guys don't mind it.

I refuse to be chased out of my bed on principle. Established that early, but no I don't mind the couch.
Domfluff

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2019 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Do: Foul

Don't: Not Foul

(When appropriate).
PeteW

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2019 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes! Foul the claw mino!

If anyone plays claw+MB and moans about fouling then just foul them again! Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2019 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I dont know what you think about fouling for fun/spite, but removing the claw mino definately has value. Better he dies than your players. Put that down as a Do.
 Jump to: