21 coaches online • Server time: 07:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2019 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I think the only 2 that have been introduced are Jeremiah Kool for the dark elves and Captain Colander for the halflings. Spike 2 kind of refers to golden era stars as more optional rules like piling on. Is the plan to make it so that golden era stars are not in box/ranked and are league legal (at the commish's discretion)?

I don't think having flings and dark elves with only 9 star players, rather than 10, is that much of a detriment. Considering only 4 races have their full 10 players anyway, flings are likely to going to go for deeproot and a chef anyway and dark elves have a lot of very good star players already.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2019 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

personally I think they should be included so each race has 10, they aren't so amazing they will be game breaking imo and they are correctly costed. I would rather every race had the same number of star players as well, though some teams having 10 and others having 9 isnt that big a deal. Also the player art and icons are done for them Wink

More importantly though - I think we should be getting rid of CRP star players for any race that reaches their new 10 star player limit. Rather than keeping them around. The site has always strived to stick as close to the official rules as possible, yet this feels at odds with that mantra and I have heard a few confused newer coaches querying why these star exist.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2019 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, I agree with the CRP star thing. Especially considering most of the ones that have been removed have been replaced by very similar new stars anyway
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2019 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Jeremiah Kool would be unbelievably powerful in the right hands. Give him the ball and suddenly, you can't get it back barring a snake eyes. I would not be against adding either but it is noted that they are particularly powerful and optional for a reason. Granted that applies to Kool more than the Captain.
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2019 - 00:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Golden Era stars are currently not planned for the official ruleset. What people do in L in their own rulesets is up to them though.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2019 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

More importantly though - I think we should be getting rid of CRP star players for any race that reaches their new 10 star player limit. Rather than keeping them around. The site has always strived to stick as close to the official rules as possible, yet this feels at odds with that mantra and I have heard a few confused newer coaches querying why these star exist.

It is odd when there are similar stars. But theNAF still allows both in tournaments. I think it will be a while before they change to. I suspect at start of 2021 if all teams are rereleased by then.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2019 - 12:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For the stars available to various races, I do intend to go through the rosters listed in the spike issues and prune stars from each race that do not appear in the published list.

Just need to take the time off from building and painting things and get it done.
 Jump to: