62 coaches online • Server time: 22:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy Ho, American Timezone FUMBBLers! By now, the rumors are spreading like wildfire, to even the most remote corners of the Old World. The bestest of the best leagues on FUMBBL, Secret League Americas, presided over by the great Slann Necromancer, Sloss-ti, is now recruiting for its 9th season!

Do you like the sound of hunting for lost treasures in the Lustrian jungle and facing off against the biggest, baddest Secret League teams in the Old World? Do you like the sound of being chased through the sweaty, humid jungles by scores of scantily-clad Amazonian females? Do you like the sound of being tied up and whipped to within an inch of your life by merciless daemonettes of Slaanesh?

If you like the sound of all that, then Secret League Americas is the place for you!

Season 8 concluded a couple of weeks ago, with Sigmar1's Daemons of Slaanesh, Ecstasy and Agony defeating Kzarik's Clan Eshin, Shadow Horde, to take the famed Crown of the New World for the second season running. There is a new boss in town, and they like leather and whips, oh yeah!

It has now been two seasons since our all-time greatest champion (4-times league winner), MrNomad's SL Shogun, have tasted the sweet nectar of victory. They will be hungry this season, but the question is ... will you be hungrier?

SLA is a round robin league that runs on a weekly schedule. It's open to any coaches who will be available to play in most American timezone evenings (about 00:00 - 07:00 bbtime). The divisional structure tends to be flexible, depending on how many teams we have. Last season, we had 24 teams in 2 divisions of 12 each (Upper and Lower TW). In past seasons, we have had 3 divisions, and I will try to go for that, if possible and the TW-spread allows. We will always make space for any and all teams that apply. That's right! There is no upper limit to how many teams can play in SLA! Smile

Following the round-robin phase, SLA typically concludes with a final knockout playoff tournament to determine the overall league winner. Last season, the top 5 from the Upper Division and the top 3 from the Lower Division made it to the final.

And (as if that wasn't enough), we also have a plethora of awesome player prizes and lost treasures that can be won, for those that dare to brave the hazards of the Lustrian jungle (check out the booty tab on the league group page).

How to apply:

Established SLA coaches from last season: please confirm by posting in this thread if you are in for Season 9, with which team you are going to be playing, and which coast you prefer (in case we do a split).

For new coaches that want to join SLA: please post here, stating which team you intend to play. Note that only 1 team of each race is allowed in SLA (I will post the currently-taken teams in a list near the start of this thread). You will be starting off in a Lower Tier division, so you won't have to face the high-TV abominations right away. (You can find more information on the SLA group page, by clicking on the banner at the top of this post).

I will aim to kick off Season 9 as soon as we have a good number of teams ready and willing to play, hopefully early next week.

As Sloss-ti always says: "The early frog catches the fly!" Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams that are lined up so far for Season 9 (confirmed teams are in bold):

Fool - Avelorn - West - 2200
razmus - Zandri - East - 2200
Tzalaran - Border Princes - either - 2160
Kzarik - Clan Eshin - East - 2160
Sigmar1 - Daemons of Slaanesh - West - 2000
pdarbs - Rasetra - either - 1970
GotrekSlayer - Nippon - ?? - 1940
Captainmalkor - Sisters of Sigmar - ??? - 1870
Rbthma - Clan Moulder - West -1690
King_Mad - Ka-Sabar - East - 1650
JellyBelly - Lahmia - East - 1580
dashergeaux - Kurnous - West - 1560
Cosmodon - Ethereal - East - 1550
Arcayn - Hung - ??? - 1540
motay666 - Kislev - either - 1530
DoodleRacoon - Forest Goblins - West - 1500
Roto - Simyin - East - 1430
Nelphine - Kurgan - either - 1180
pafootball22 - Four Nations - East - 1170
acrophobia - Snakemen - East - 1050
Waaghafalga - Necrarch - ??? - 1050
burnsy87 - Engineers - East - 1000
ex-convict - Black Ark Corsairs - ??? - 1000
petalwarfare - Skink - East - 1000
Swampserpent - Squigs - West - 970

Last edited by JellyBelly on Nov 16, 2019 - 22:53; edited 30 times in total
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be carrying on with my Lahmia team from last season (the ones that got smacked up by Sigmar's Slaanesh in the first round of the playoffs). East Coast!

razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

⚰️Dead Men Walking⚰️ (Zandri) will return yet again for the East Coast please. We may not win, but we'll fill up our coffins.

pdarbs

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

of course rubble will be back representing new zealand. happy with any coast
King_Mad

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Bastion of Bronze (Ka-Sabar) stands tall on the East Coast.
Roto

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ape University is confirmed to be returning.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, I was going to try a new team for Season 8...but then I won Season 7. So I had to bring back the champs. Now they've won again. Guess I have to bring them back for at least one more. Ecstasy and Agony will return, even though Season 8 took out 2 of my best players.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

OKOK ILL PLAY AND THE CHOICE TEAM OF SWAMPSERPENT WILL BE (DRUM ROLL?) :

SQUIGS.

YES.

SQUIGS.

Am I a glutton for punishment? um no I just like to see if the casualties I cause myself is higher then my opponent, usually they are.. but anyway put me down for squigs...
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dryads will be back
Tzalaran

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nomads will return (Border Princes)
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Cursed Marsh Creepers will return (Moulder)

edit: West Coast preferred

Last edited by Rbthma on Nov 06, 2019 - 19:15; edited 2 times in total
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be interested in getting my weird on in this league; I'll pick a race when a list of available ones is posted!

Don't drop the soap.
Fool

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Acolytes returning
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

My Kurgan are in.
 Jump to: