42 coaches online • Server time: 23:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Update (because truth must be told): I was spectating my opponent playing another Box game (in a frustrated mood), and in the specs chat I luckily found his father, who very kindly apologized, understood the issue and told him to rejoin the game, who was finished normally and without any further delay. My opponent, even if he had read the PM, was genuinely unaware of FUMBBL etiquette about abandoning games and resuming them.
All sorted in civil way, thanks to both of them!

P.S. I apologized with my opponent too because I wrongly thought he wasn't rejoining the game on purpose.

Wow.

So you've named and shamed a child(took me one click), offended several people, questioned several volunteers work ethic, and this is the reason. You disregarded what admin had told you and went public. Over an anomaly. Something that would very rarely happen.

Surely in your ruthless view of this community, there should be a consequence for your behaviour MattDakka?

Isn't this what all this about. You demanded justice for an abandoned game, you and smallman feel consequences should meet the crime.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote this thread is closed. I believe nothing good will come from this.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's just get it out of the way...

It should come as no surprise to anyone that two people who openly wear their anti-social behavior and entitlement on their sleeve also wind up having the most problems with other people.

In the years I've been here, doing my thing, I don't think I've ever encountered a single abandoned game personally and yet both of these clowns (MattDakka and Smallman) seemingly have a new one every 3 months.

Why is this? Why do they suffer these issues in greater frequency than others who play just as often as they do?

Obviously, to everyone but them, we can see what is going - people with crappy interpersonal skills are going to have more issues. Now both of them could actualize that they have a stink on them when it comes to interacting with other people but both are so consumed with an illusory self righteousness that you'd have a better chance of teaching a dog Calculus than getting either one to admit "This is a you interacting with the world problem"

And honestly, it is a them problem and I am happy to see them get the just desserts of ridicule, debasement and mockery. Both have shown time and time again they really aren't suited for the social rigors of the site, which 99% of other people are. It's fascinating to see both falling over themselves to castigate outwards and belies a fundamental defect with them as people.

Generally, we can ignore that fundamental defect because people like Dakka and Smallman take themselves out of the world at large and focus immense energy on a domain where they feel comfortable - gaming with semi-anonymous people online whose humanity they can keep at arm's length. It's a really neat racket where they feel like they do everything perfectly and everyone else is at fault - kind of a fractal manifestation of how the world at large operates around them. I believe it was Dakka who said "Life was a prison". Yeah, it's solitary confinement for him because he can't even pretend to play nice with the other inmates.

So let us never forget - Dakka and Smallman get the just desserts of being laughed at and clowned on because every single piece of communication reflects that yes, this is how they want to be treated.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 20:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Joost wrote:

If it serves as a reminder that the anonymous people we all are dealing with need to be spoken to with kindness (e.g. they might even be a child), then something good has come from this.
Joost

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Let's just get it out of the way...

It should come as no surprise to anyone that two people who openly wear their anti-social behavior and entitlement on their sleeve also wind up having the most problems with other people.

In the years I've been here, doing my thing, I don't think I've ever encountered a single abandoned game personally and yet both of these clowns (MattDakka and Smallman) seemingly have a new one every 3 months.

Why is this? Why do they suffer these issues in greater frequency than others who play just as often as they do?

Obviously, to everyone but them, we can see what is going - people with crappy interpersonal skills are going to have more issues. Now both of them could actualize that they have a stink on them when it comes to interacting with other people but both are so consumed with an illusory self righteousness that you'd have a better chance of teaching a dog Calculus than getting either one to admit "This is a you interacting with the world problem"

And honestly, it is a them problem and I am happy to see them get the just desserts of ridicule, debasement and mockery. Both have shown time and time again they really aren't suited for the social rigors of the site, which 99% of other people are. It's fascinating to see both falling over themselves to castigate outwards and belies a fundamental defect with them as people.

Generally, we can ignore that fundamental defect because people like Dakka and Smallman take themselves out of the world at large and focus immense energy on a domain where they feel comfortable - gaming with semi-anonymous people online whose humanity they can keep at arm's length. It's a really neat racket where they feel like they do everything perfectly and everyone else is at fault - kind of a fractal manifestation of how the world at large operates around them. I believe it was Dakka who said "Life was a prison". Yeah, it's solitary confinement for him because he can't even pretend to play nice with the other inmates.

So let us never forget - Dakka and Smallman get the just desserts of being laughed at and clowned on because every single piece of communication reflects that yes, this is how they want to be treated.

This is exactly why this thread should be closed. Ordinarily very decent people get stuck in.

ramchop wrote:
Joost wrote:

If it serves as a reminder that the anonymous people we all are dealing with need to be spoken to with kindness (e.g. they might even be a child), then something good has come from this.

Although I think reamchop is on to something here.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
smallman wrote:
lol I am incapable of being civil

Learn something new every day.

lol

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Joost, I just needed to let my claws out so they could be snipped Wink
Bloodfeast

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Joost wrote:

+1

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

Matt's not a bad guy. He has good ethics.........just very hard to reason with.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Joost wrote:

+1

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

Matt's not a bad guy. He has good ethics.........just very hard to reason with.

Lawful Evil.
LittleBits47

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2019 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh if anything this thread shows you who to avoid, and for that I'm thankful for it.
HandyKaufman

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2019 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

oh the irony.....
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2019 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure the OP is 'on the spectrum', and that black or white are the only two colors available for him to work with. He finds comfort here, in something he is good at. He's comfortable enough here to practice some social interaction in the forums. That doesn't always go well.

Looking at him (and others) through that lens, finally, I can understand, and decide not to engage. I'm not on FUMBBL to help him get over his social hurdles.

On the flip side, I understand and appreciate Christer sticking up for his staff and his site, and requiring a certain level of respect towards them from everyone, social hurdles or not. Good post from Big C.

When I assume every coach I don't know is an autistic child who doesn't speak English well, I have a lot more time and patience for the dude Mighty-Clawing my team to pieces.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2019 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
When I assume every coach I don't know is an autistic child who doesn't speak English well, ......

HEY!

I'm 46 and my English is very fluent! Razz