24 coaches online • Server time: 01:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Timetis

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2019 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Entered with Goblins, Vampires, Necromantic and Wood Elves. I've played less than 10 matches with each of the first three races (and only the goblins managed to win a game).

The Wood elfs are my least played elf race, but should be fine. This ll be a learning run: )
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:
Chivite wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:
So, what race should I make a team for box in to give people who are going for the trophy losses?

I have no idea what that question means

What is the best race to use to greif everyone by countering their squads and beating them? Like what race can I dish out the most losses with?

the race you are the best with?

amazons, followed by orcs
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

go with those then, both 3 point teams so you'd have to take 2 teams in either the 0/0 or 0/1 categories if you intend to play in the BBT Wink
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
go with those then, both 3 point teams so you'd have to take 2 teams in either the 0/0 or 0/1 categories if you intend to play in the BBT Wink

I don't want to compete in the trophy, I just want to give teams loses. If I do well enough with orcs or zons that I think I could get a racial title then I'll sign up a squad just to stop others from getting a racial title
Timetis

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:

I don't want to compete in the trophy, I just want to give teams loses. If I do well enough with orcs or zons that I think I could get a racial title then I'll sign up a squad just to stop others from getting a racial title

You must be fun at parties.
Java

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody else with a team stuck under 900k after the first game?

Is it even possible to arrange such a recovery game by the scheduler's rules?

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

You could play a Brawl.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
You could play a Brawl.

Great suggestion! I forgot that they were a thing.

How do I apply?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Check out the tournaments page.

The smallest Brawl is 1500 so you could get destroyed. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Timetis wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:

Blood bowl is a competitive game and I think adding harder matches in the box makes the bbt better rather than worse as more players will have fun playing competitive matches and the bbt as a whole will be more legitimate than if everyone played cupcakes.

Also fumbbl is designed so that as many people can play blood bowl how they want to play it as possible and the way I want to play it is to lower the median bbt score as low as possible
Strider84

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Timetis wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:

Blood bowl is a competitive game and I think adding harder matches in the box makes the bbt better rather than worse as more players will have fun playing competitive matches and the bbt as a whole will be more legitimate than if everyone played cupcakes.

Also fumbbl is designed so that as many people can play blood bowl how they want to play it as possible and the way I want to play it is to lower the median bbt score as low as possible

Yeah exactly so you go around at parties spilling everyones drinks so the overall alcohol level is lower because it just must be more fun at parties not being drunk, right?
Strider84

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You could also try to destroy the teams so they have a better challeng for the next couple games, everyone would love that as well
Foad

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

@Strider84
You're so mean. I agree wholeheartedly with his sentiment.

It is so rewarding to know that I am welcomed here for who I am rather than ostracized because I was raised without any boundaries of any kind set whatsoever, and subsequently has grown up without any social skills. I am usually called out as the reason that society can't have nice things.

I would also like all my opponents to have cancer. Can this be facilitated within the client?

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

As a NA coach, more coaches activating is more coaches activating. As long as they then play the game...

Sure, if one person wants to try to game the rock/paper/scissors that is blood bowl... I'm hoping there's enough folks playing each strategy that it'll still be fun for the majority, most of the time. In the meantime, there's more folks activating!

Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2019 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Rbthma wrote:

You realize that the BBT is in part about increasing the diversity of races/amount of matches in the box right? I guess if you can't learn to be a better coach there's always trying to make others look worse in comparison eh? Good luck with that! Laughing
 Jump to: