44 coaches online • Server time: 15:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2019 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Cpomb in tournaments is hardly an issue because stacking Cpomb is rare as far as I know.
Claw is effective only vs AV 8+ players, true, but 8+ players are quite common, and moreover, Mighty Blow + Piling On do affect any AV, even 7 or lower.
Also, I have already explained that using PO on a crucial player can be gamechanging, even if you do it once.
For example, rerolling the injury when stunning a Tomb Guardian can change a drive.
Is the new Piling On weaker than the CRP one? Yes, of course, but still potentially too strong,
Mattius

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2019 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have any issue with the new PO in general. It's fine. The game at high TV does favour nurgle and chaos for sure and this will favour them even more in this case.

What I don't understand is why mutations are not just on doubles? For balance and fluff it seems obvious to me. Either way I'll keep on playing so long as we don't go back to the dark days of CRP.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2019 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love Mutations with double.
In that case, I think some of them should be improved:
Very Long Legs, as now, but giving +MA as well, and Foul Appearance and Disturbing Presence should be merged into a single skill.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2019 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattius wrote:
I don't have any issue with the new PO in general. It's fine. The game at high TV does favour nurgle and chaos for sure and this will favour them even more in this case.

What I don't understand is why mutations are not just on doubles? For balance and fluff it seems obvious to me. Either way I'll keep on playing so long as we don't go back to the dark days of CRP.

using a RR makes it fine really. The obvious negative with this new version is the turn 16 PO and foul. this stuff doesn't bother me, but this style of play will upset some people.

edit: I would like the 98 page PO thread to be unlocked though Cool

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2019 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattius wrote:

Probably because of this:

ClayInfinity wrote:
You also have to remember the official rules are for finite tournaments/seasons and the perpetual play in fumbbl isn't "the norm".

Basically, those "high tv" nurgle and chaos on FUMBBL you cite as favoured are mostly teams that literally should not exist within the rules as currently designed.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2019 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Mattius wrote:

Probably because of this:

ClayInfinity wrote:
You also have to remember the official rules are for finite tournaments/seasons and the perpetual play in fumbbl isn't "the norm".

Basically, those "high tv" nurgle and chaos on FUMBBL you cite as favoured are mostly teams that literally should not exist within the rules as currently designed.

yup, seasons are meant to be a thing

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2019 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
The obvious negative with this new version is the turn 16 PO and foul. this stuff doesn't bother me, but this style of play will upset some people.

Yes I think you're right. If it is indeed coming back as described, it's poorly thought-through. (shocker!)
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2019 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

So, here is my question. Can you use Pro for the Piling On reroll. Three skill human blitzer. Mb, Pro, Pile On. Sure the Pro only allows PO to work half the time but... It would probably be worthwhile to have one of these.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2019 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
You cannot use pro. Why do people insist on this nonsense?

Pro is used to reroll dice - (1) you have not rolled any dice until you actually use piling on, which requires the team reroll (2) Pro itself cannot be used to reroll AV, injury or casualty dice, thus cannot be used instead of the team reroll.

It is a non-starter unless the rules are further changed.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2019 - 14:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Some reasons to consider taking piling on:

- In league to kill or injure a rival's star player. They're ahead of you on the table, this lessens the chance of them winning their next game and boosts your chances of overtaking them. (similar reasons might exist in Box Trophy)

- In a Seasons league. Cas cash for the rebuy.

-Fun

-Spite
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2019 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

re-open it...... https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=705529#705529

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2019 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
re-open it...... https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=705529#705529

I thought that.

But... It has an outdated poll.

The new CPOMB is nowhere near as bad as the old one, so it should be a new poll.

Not that commishes are under any obligation to abide by the result of any poll. Mr. Green

Or implement any rules, no matter how official. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2019 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So if PO is back, why Glotl Stop lizard star is missing it?
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2019 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

That's no doubt an input error

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2019 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

christer confirmed this is now fixed on Discord