44 coaches online • Server time: 11:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notwalnc

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

This seems like a more complicated choice than most players.

I know in general, the +MA is the way to go. But if I were to roll a regular double, I probably wouldn't pick Very Long Legs. And very long legs is a better skill than +MA correct?

So if I wouldn't choose VLL over claw, and VLL is better than +MA, should I just take claw and leave it at that?

Probably a simple choice, but since I started playing here a bit ago, the idea of taking the +MA/AG/ST has been ingrained in my head, and going against it seems sacriligeous.

I'd like to hear where others stand on this issue. As I've never seen a lineman skaven with VLL, but I think I've come accross one or two with +MA.
Wossel

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

those with +ma prolly rolled 6+4
Golgomoth

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

the one's you've seen with +ma prolly rolled 6,4/4,6

generally i'd agree with your line of thinking

lol, beat me to it wossel
MixX

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

VLL is better than +MA, it gives a +1 to interceptions, and that's the only difference apart from that (well in the extreme, you can lose the +MA due to ageing/injuries while you can't lose the VLL one, which again makes VLL better)...

Though I'd consider Guard too, it's a very useful skill on linemen, don't mutate just because you can..
Zweiblumen

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Go another way and take something worthwhile like Guard or Foul Appearance

Recordopedia Spluttanica
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

looking at your skaven team, you got a decent amount of claw, and two GS with VVL already, additionally this lineman doesn't have block yet.

I would consider Dodge. having 8M is useless if you're tied down...or splattered on the ground. Zweilblumen also has good suggestions.