63 coaches online • Server time: 19:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
johniemi78

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2019 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so I play Undead in our TT league and my Block + Dodge ghoul got his 2nd AG-up, so his AG is now 5.

The second ghoul is a Block, Guard, Side Step annoyance, doesn't touch the ball ever.

Wights are Block, Dodge, Guard, and the other has Mighty Blow on top of B+D+G. So yeah, they're Blitzers/Supports, no need to see the ball.

Mummies are mummies and zombies are fodder. They don't even know what the word ball means.

But I have two rookie ghouls (5spp and 0spp) that I can now develop in the direction I want after deciding about the AG5 ghoul's role.

Am I a complete whacko if I begin developing the two rookie ghouls as catchers? Basically trying to play a passing game with the AG5 ghoul (possibly using a reroll to roll a failed pass) and then getting Catch on the rookie ghouls?

Or should I just use the AG5 ghoul as a ball carrier like I would do in a vanilla Undead team? (He can just do his thing more reliably; dodging in tackle zones and pick up the ball in TZ's)?

And if I start passing, is one catcher enough, or do I need two? I just have this great vision in my head of two ghouls running separate flanks and dividing up my opponent's defence for me to either threaten with a pass or pass if the opportunity arises. But I have no idea whether this is actually a good tactic or not. I've never played a passing team yet so really don't know... Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2019 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest to develop the AG 5 Ghoul as runner with Block, Side Step, Leap, either Sure Hands if you play vs Strip Ball opponents or Tackle (safety)/Sure Feet (pure runner).
Don't bother developing Ghouls as catchers, 2 skills are needed for that (Catch and Diving Catch if they don't have AG 4) and they need protective skills like Block/Wrestle first, then you hope to roll stat increase/double or just fire them.
Moreover, if a player starts with default Catch it might be worth to develop him as Catcher, but generally taking the Catch skill later is not very efficient.
If you want to play the passing game, then don't play Undead, for that it's better to play Elves.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %16, %2019 - %21:%Dec; edited 4 times in total
Java

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2019 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It will take forever to develop and it will always be less effective than a specialized passing game.

Your thrower will have to get sure hands, definitely, and hope for a double for pass or, dare I say, safe throw Very Happy , if you want to go the route of the thrower. He has no inbuilt rerolls like an actual thrower.

Your ghoul catchers will need block ASAP, then maybe sidestep and catch, which is another specialized skill almost nobody takes and is almost only used when inbuilt. 3+ catches with reroll are still bad to rely on. Nerves of steel for double, instead of a guard? Aaargh.

See where I'm going?

You want a ghoul sacker with tackle and wrestle, and your stat freak can be your ball carrier/retreaver and general nuisance. You can still have fun with him and the passing option should be just that, an option, not a direction for the whole team to go.

If you want to go for the fun&crazy I can see that ghoul taking leap and frenzy for when the enemy cage hugs the sidelines. But sure hands is your friend and playing it safe will keep your monstruosity alive for longer.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

With ag3 the ghouls are not going to be great catchers.
As the ag5 has block already I would leave him on the carrier route. A ball stripper would be a great option but he may not last long. You could still give him leap further down the line.
Agility ghouls are fantastic for undead.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2019 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I love Catch on players that come with it already but with the possible exception of Stunties, there is always a better skill you can take. Especially on Ghouls.
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2019 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on %b %23, %2021 - %23:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
johniemi78

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

On the topic of ghouls, would Catch as a skill be beneficial to an another ghoul for hand offs or would it just be better to save a team reroll for the hand off?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Better to save a team rr.
 Jump to: