33 coaches online • Server time: 17:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Are cards still inducements on Fumbbl? Or are they directly added to the teams.

Is this a league option?

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I know, cards are disabled in Ranked and Box, but still available in League division (in a recent SL game I played they could be bought).
I guess they can be enabled/disabled in League division according to Commissar's decision.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
As far as I know, cards are disabled in Ranked and Box, but still available in League division (in a recent SL game I played they could be bought).
I guess they can be enabled/disabled in League according to Commissar's decision.

Cool. So still inducements.

I've heard that a new rule is that they shouldn't be inducements.

So, really, I am asking will we be able to keep them as inducements? Or will this change?

Secret League will not change until after the Shield final.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The current 'official' Blood Bowl rules seem to have been hammered out by a large number of drunk monkeys... drunk monkeys who don't seem to have played.

Anyway, Death Zone Season One, in the section for Inducements includes Special Plays in the list of things that can be induced. This in the 'Inducements in Detail' section mind you, where they are very light on, you know... details. "Each Special Play you purchase lets you draw and keep an additional Special Play card in the Pre match sequence." Thanks for the grueling detail there. Sad

The 'Special Play Card Variants' includes details on how that might look. (Actual details! Details not included in the 'Details' section in Death Zone One mind you. That whole sections should be renamed 'Vague rules you should argue about with your friends in the pub while drunkenly trying to play Blood Bowl!) The PDF says up to five cards can be purchased, then goes on to give various prices for the decks. I argue that the 'rules' says the special play decks can be used as inducements, and FUMBBL has purchased/implemented two decks... so we should use 'em if we got 'em. Smile

koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Razmus. So the special play inducement is "optional". As previously agreed, Secret League Open (ruleset 303) will keep them.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 19:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The most recent published rules (Head Coach's Handbook) gives three options for cards. None of them mention paying for them during the inducement phase.

In addition, the inducement section does not list cards as an option for spending your petty cash.

Thus, the rules state that you use one of the three variants for cards (which all give both teams cards).

That, in combination with the fact that FUMBBL doesn't have the current card sets implemented, made it make more sense to disable them from the main ruleset used in R and B.
razmus

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile I haven't picked up the Head Coaches Handbook. Figures it would disagree with the Death Zone books.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Smile I haven't picked up the Head Coaches Handbook. Figures it would disagree with the Death Zone books.

It's mostly the same, a few issues cleared up about skill opitionality. Cards are now totally optional. Pilling on is back but requires re-roll to use. And 1 new star player for skaven. It also clarifies cash should work as it used to in crp.

In short fumbbl is handling everything in the correct way.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
The most recent published rules (Head Coach's Handbook) gives three options for cards. None of them mention paying for them during the inducement phase.

In addition, the inducement section does not list cards as an option for spending your petty cash.

Thus, the rules state that you use one of the three variants for cards (which all give both teams cards).

That, in combination with the fact that FUMBBL doesn't have the current card sets implemented, made it make more sense to disable them from the main ruleset used in R and B.

Thanks, Christer.
So, that bit at the end of Razmus's link about "special play inducement" is gone?

That is what my original question was getting at. i.e. Will we be able to keep the option of using the existing cards as inducements in future.

We'll see if Garion changes his mind. Wink

Edit: Ooops. beat me to it.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 22:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I have no intention of removing the option of allowing cards in leagues. A change I would want to get done at some point, though, is to implement the new card sets. That's a big task though, so I wouldn't worry too much (or hold my breath).
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Christer.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2019 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
razmus wrote:

It's mostly the same, a few issues cleared up about skill opitionality. Cards are now totally optional. Pilling on is back but requires re-roll to use. And 1 new star player for skaven. It also clarifies cash should work as it used to in crp.

In short fumbbl is handling everything in the correct way.

The handbook also re adds Ugroth Bolgrot as an orc star player. I know that as of the head coach handbook and most recent spike! all of the CRP Orc star players have been restored.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2019 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes true. A few goblin and chaos dwarf stars are back etc...

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2019 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The free-cards rule was the straw that broke the camel's back for me and many other long-time TT players in my perpetual league. Most of us don't play TT anymore. Absolutely terrible idea, cheapens every game beyond repair.

Sorry for the hyperbole, but it's true.
 Jump to: