32 coaches online • Server time: 01:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Sidestep or Strip ball?
sidestep
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
strip ball
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
other
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

calgar1728

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2004 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

well just got another skill on the gr... torn between sidestep and strip ball what do you guys think?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1108867
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2004 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Side step...

PS - you're prolly better off asking these questions in #fumbbl than on the forums... you get a bit better response and some smart arse comments as well!

PPS - What's wrong with catch? Or Diving Catch?
Wombats

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2004 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidestep makes him an annoying ball carrier as well as a blitzer...you may be still be doing a lot of one die blocks on a ball carrier though so it really comes down to whether you see him as a blitzer (Strip Ball) or a scorer and blitz assister (Sidestep).

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2004 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest I would go with leap. Leap lets him accell at blitzing and scoring. I know you are thinking but arcane its a 3+ to leap but backed with a reroll your odds of succeeding are the same as doding with an amazon. Leap lets you go places you just cant go without it and for a 10 movement blitzer/scorer thats huge. If you really have to chose between the listed side step to keep him alive longer.

arcane
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2004 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

sprint? Wink
calgar1728

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2004 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

eh ok guys thanks for your help and suggestions, decided to take strip ball after much deliberation. i am planning on taking leap next unless doubles arcane Wink a bunch of people said sprint was waste so i decided against it, and catch is not that great when i have 5 rerolls.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2004 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

My skaven team has a core of 4 gr's who all have strip ball as their first non-stat/double skill after block. You wouldn't believe the amount of aggravation I'm able to inflict upon my opponents when he looks up, sees the only guy who can blitz him is a 2d-block his choice, thinking his ballcarrier's safe. Then I blitz, let him choose, and quite often they'll have forgotten about the strip ball. As long as I keep a rr to avoid times when a skull pops up, I don't care if he gets to choose, as my objective isn't to knock him down, but rather to knock the ball loose, so one of my other gr's can pick it up and advance it to yet another gr to score. This means the enemy is never safe (except for the rare surehanded player, amazed that skill isn't taken more often) as I can keep my speedsters always "near" at hand to jar loose yet another score for my side.

Jump to: