40 coaches online • Server time: 09:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should deaths and perms be limited to 1 of each per game (for each team)
Yes - this makes so much sense!
7%
 7%  [ 21 ]
I agree it should be done, but its not in the LRB so NO
9%
 9%  [ 26 ]
No way! its a stupid idea
78%
 78%  [ 217 ]
I like sitting on fence posts - i'm not sure
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 275

MixX

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2004 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
What drives me crazy is to not use your apoth early in a match to negate an injury, for fear you'll need it later on somebody more valuable. Then later comes, match is over, and you haven't needed the apoth after all. So here you have a niggle/RIP player and an unused apo laughing at you. What I'd love to be able to do is use the apo after a game same as in-game. If you get to the end of a game and have the apo unused, you're given the option to negate one of the perm injuries on a 2+ d6 roll, just as in-game. You get the chance to not have the perm follow you around; the enemy still got to play the rest of the game without that player present; everybody wins. If you want to argue how "too much time has passed to help" then instead of completely negating the perm, just change it into a MNG. Still miss the person as if an SI, but without that nasty niggle or stat decrease.

That's my take on the apo issue.

sounds nice
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2004 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually; that is a house-rule we use for a long time.

Only injuries though. Dead is dead. Heal it immediately or not at all.

Post 6 Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Its a bad idea as its not enuff to make it a good idea to play an elf team against a basher team. But its not a matter of some races never getting to play against elves as its not high STR or skills like Block, Tackle or Guard that scares people. The problem lies with skills that modify armor or injury rolls as those realy make it alot more likely that players will die. The only teams that have enuff of those by default to cause troubles for elf teams are Khemri and Necromantic.

So what is realy the problem? I guess the problem is that teams that learn as many skills as possible that aims towards injuring players have a hard time finding opponents in the leage, much less elves.

One solution for that problem would be to alow a team to have as many apothecaries as you want to pay for. This would require that injuries are not totaly fixed thou as otherwise so would a basher team get no benifit from downing a player. One way would be to make an apothecary able to reduce an injury one step RIP->MNG, MNG->BH, BH->Stun, but do this automaticly. This would work, but it would take away the Blood.

Another way would be to make winning a game more important as its easier to win against a basher team then an elf. Things like no automatic Fan loss on a 1. More money when winning etc.

A third way would be to have the arena give some consolation money for injuries. This would help teams recouver from losses in players.

Personaly I dont think there is a large problem. Coaches who likes alot of claws and blood gets to play likeminded opponents. I guess this is only a problem if you have a basher team and dont want to get your players hurt.
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

i fear no man, elf or dwarf play me.

Nurgle will make sure you all rot, all Hail Nurgle sick sick sick

Very Happy http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=438927 Very Happy
Frankie

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Bashing is the spice of Bloodbowl imo not the passing-thru-the-field stuff. If you want to play against elves with your CDs then call out a +30 st/tr team... (and let's try to get on the nerves of cherry-pickers! Twisted Evil )
Korso

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Molt: If you wanna play sissybowl, program your own javabbowl... there you can have any type of rules.
About your idea, i agree with "No way! its a stupid idea"
Korso

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey people.....its Bloodbowl!!!
Ash

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I play some Ag team and i play against bashy team... of course i will not play 3 times in a raw against them but it s ok to play them regularly... so NO!

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Good to see most bashy team coaches here have the same mentality as their bashers...Duh is Blood bowl isn't it....is the most inane comment that i could think of .
Why not stop hiding from the fact that the ridiculous bashy teams filled with RSC/claw/Dp have caused the failuere of the original open league , this constant cherry picking as most bashers seem to aviod each other as much as the AG teams do, and the death of many a tournament league as players drop out when their teams become impossible to win with or even rebi=uild as they get smashed game after game...

So instead of 'bashing' the idea of someone trying to come up with a better way to operate use some of that enthusiasm to come up with some better solutions
Wombats

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hence removal of RSC, toning down of Dirty Player, etc.

Bashers can make loud agressive noises all they want - Rules are changing for the better.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'm mainly a woody player although I do occasionaly make forays into the 'bashy' teams. The problem with the vault as it stands is that its rule structure favours the elf bowl mentality. A lesser injury table, extra skills to stop players following up etc. The treeman being removed from the woody roster because its overpowered? Nope because the morons who spend ages trying to knock it down and taking the occasional casualty think it should be removed.

The vault is being posted on by fools who dont bother to test the new rules or people looking to promote their own agenda. With the occasional clever comment usually coming from fumbblers.

I dont think for a second that as soon as the vault is implamented here that woodie teams are going to rush to play dwarfs because its still going to be a tough game and the same mentality that keeps them apart now will continue to do so.

Secondary to the rise in power of elven teams we have the degeneration of these 'bashing teams' Big guys without access to block or tackle, the removal of razor sharp claw and the toning down of dirty player all weaken the hitty teams more than they were already. Your going to have to take alot of dps under the vault to have a chance of getting rid of significant numbers of players (although fouling is made easier its now more risky to foul with the threat of mng's).

I dont like playing against or with any one type of team but I'm going to have to think long and hard about starting that orc team under the vault...
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i think part of the fun is how a team sometimes has to change due to inj. and sometimes it might get better Very Happy or atleast more fun to play with.

mymLaban
 Jump to: