31 coaches online • Server time: 03:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jogrenaught

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I play a ton of BB, just never really used FUMBBL before. So my questions are of error messages and being unable to schedule games. Here's a few scenarios I am having difficulty with:

Scenario 1: I created an ogre team and selected RANKED. I tried to schedule a match with someone else's ranked team. Neither of our teams is in a league or a group. When we try to play, it kicks us out of the game stating "your teams are not eligible to play one another". - I don't know what I'm missing here. It's probably working as it should but I don't understand the ranked ting or why it won't allow us to play.

Scenario 2: We have a group called Florida BBL FUMBBL League. We're supposed to play one another once. My lizardman team Murderland Terrorfinzz has played 3 games successfully and has 2 matches scheduled remaining. I tried to play another team in the league Florida Men and it stated "teams must use the same ruleset to play". Both teams are in the same league and have an L next to them so they both are created under league. We tried scheduling this team with other teams in the same league and got the same error message. The curious thing is that Florida Men and Flings of Florida have already played.

For all scenarios we have checked ready status and lots of other common sense stuff. But we cannot figure out what the issue is. For either scenario, what is everyone's thoughts? Thank you very much in advance.
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

So, in ranked your teams will be able to get games at this part of the site: https://fumbbl.com/p/lfg They should only get matched with other ranked teams. There are some protections regarding Team Value and # of games. Your Ogres currently say: 850k ±90 So they can play opponents from 760TV to 940TV which is very limiting to say the least. Basically you need another team that is recovering from a beating or was built really small.

Scenario 2...both teams have to be part of the same ruleset...that Lizard team is in ruleset 6 so whatever opponent you tried to play would need to be in that same ruleset.

Probably best for you to get immediate help would be to hop on the discord channel: https://discord.gg/ThqCKY
Jogrenaught

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you. Can you tell me how you found out what ruleset I'm using and where in team creation we choose that?
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

At team creation, if you pick "League", by default that is ruleset 6. I knew from experience.

Best way for creating for leagues is to use the link on the page for the league to make sure the rulesets match.

Kz
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:19; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Jogrenaught wrote:
Thank you. Can you tell me how you found out what ruleset I'm using and where in team creation we choose that?

Maybe you have run into this issue.

You can see the ruleset by using the Fumbbl API.
Though it would be really great to be able to see this on a team's home page. And ideally on game finder too.

Your team appears to be a "standard/default league division" team. League:0 ruleset:6
However Florida Flings are a "custom league" team. League: 12444, ruleset 0.

https://fumbbl.com/api/team/get/955886/xml

https://fumbbl.com/api/team/get/955693/xml

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2020 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You probably need Christer for this one.

You MAY be able to fix this by switching the league back to being a league, not a meta group. Then importing the other teams.

I wouldn't try it without speaking to Christer first though.

Jump to: