64 coaches online • Server time: 23:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
m0nty

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2004 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

We want to post a gallery of pictures of your best painted Blood Bowl miniature in issue #5 of the GLN. We will take one submission per person. You must have a thumbnail version of the picture that is 100 pixels wide and 125 pixels high, plus a large version which is anywhere up to 400 pixels wide and 500 pixels high. The format of the pictures must be JPG or PNG. Each submission MUST be accompanied by a little background piece on the figure, of 100 words or less, which will be printed alongside the picture - here's you chance to highlight what you think makes your mini stand out from the rest!

The best miniature, as voted for by the GLN editors and FUMBBL admins, will earn the right to heal an injury on one of the players on their teams!!!!!

Submissions must be sent via PM to m0nty - it would be best if you could point to a URL where the picture is hosted, but email can be used if that is not possible. Alternatively, you can link them in this thread!

DEADLINE IS JULY 30!
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2004 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dang that is one good concept for a contest. Guess I'll paint that Rotter next Smile

One question. Does it have to be a Games Worskshop mini? Or are conversions of all types welcome?

Doesn't matter for what I have in mind, but it will matter to someone.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2004 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile

Last edited by SnakeSanders on Dec 28, 2004 - 19:15; edited 2 times in total
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2004 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

your only on 300posts bah! hows things anyway aint seen in IRC recently rob

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2004 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

lack of broadband has been the main scourge there mate. change of country too! back in potato land rather than upmarket edinburgh. hope to get broadband in 2 weeks so ill see you when i log in to IRC after my long absence!
Colin

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2004 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck shopping for broadband providers - aim for one that has no data limit/month and costs under £20 a month. Nice depth of field effect in that photo, btw Smile

I know m0nty has been having some connection probs which has held up issue #5 of the GLN.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

ho hum i could use the high elf thrower i just did instead of that witch... i dunno... is this comp still on??? Smile
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I guess so. But it might end any minute Smile.

*slaps m0nty with a big newspaper.*

-Mnemon
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

well im using my nice thrower... give me a month so i can write 100 words of background! Wink
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

That picture is huge!

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow , Ive just realised that I have a Dark Elf Bloodbowl Team that I didnt know about , not nearly as well painted as yours Brownrob but all the same never realised how cool those Dark Eldar would look as Dark Elf Bloodbowl Players, I say we just crown Browwnrob as champion of this competition .
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL! SmileSmileSmile

If i were to win then this team is the only one that would benefit... but there are loads of guys who are far better than me! Smile I just hope they dont notice this thread! Smile
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeez, so many injurys to chose from you need to win about 8 times
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2004 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

This laddie stands out from the rest! Not many highland elves play bloodbowl as gracefully as him but he shows many a fan that appearances can be decieving! He has the ruthless celtic streak that all scots have and isnt afraid to put the boot in!!!

By the way will this be in the next edition of the GLN??? Would be nice to know when its coming out etc! Smile
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

/me hears a pin drop! Wink

any news on wether this comp is still going? will it be in the next GLN? when is the next GLN? Smile
 Jump to: