52 coaches online • Server time: 00:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Human vs Human? Go with
14 players and a Wizard
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
14 players and a bribe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
13 players and TWO bribes
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
13 players and Karla von Kill
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
14 players and an apo and a beer
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
result
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Dominik

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello guys. I am usually pretty good at choosing the best inducements, however in this game I am undecided.
The match:
Human vs Human

190k inducements. I could retire a rookie Lineman and get up to 240k inducements.

The considerations before the choices come up:
The opposing human team does not have strong individual players. Indeed their best two players are those with weak base stats (+MA +AG and a +ST catcher).
That means that a wizard or some bribes do not likely cause that impact to stop this team at once. But a wizard could pave the way to the ball and I own two AG 5 players ready for this job anytime. A bribe can prolong that extra time of pain for the opponent and maybe hurt some catchers and blitzers.
I will almost never buy two beers, especially not with a team of AV>7. One beer, if any, is enough. The opposing team has no dirty players, so it is even more a valid point.
Of the star players Karla von Kill is worth a consideration. She can do a solid job against teams with low strength or low agility, effectively hindering opposing players from maneuvering or supporting blocks.

We have also a defense inducement option to hire an apothecary and a beer and hope thus, aided by our dirty players, to eventually become the superior team at one point during the game.

So I've come to the conclusion, that there are five inducement choices:
1.) 14 players and a Wizard
2.) 14 players and a bribe
3.) 13 players and TWO bribes
4.) 13 players and Karla von Kill
5.) Apo and beer
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

deffo take a wizard. because they have St2 carriers, which makes turning them in to the frog easy, so either stay 14 and get a wiz, or go 13 and get a wiz and babe imo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same thoughts but their thrower is decent, which means that if I have succesfully transformed their +AG Catcher into a frog they won't have that hard time to score quick with tree remaining catchers. I lack Stand Firm and Diving Tackle to have serious threats against such a tactic.

Last edited by Dominik on Apr 22, 2020 - 20:25; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah it's a fair point, I'd still take wizard though. He's a game changer.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The answer is always Morg.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

He has 7x guard vs your 3.
He will win the block war... so get 2 bribes and foul everything downed like crazy
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

An alternative to the Wizard is a Bribe and Merc lino, let you foul all that juicy -AV.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

DatMonsta wrote:
He has 7x guard vs your 3.
He will win the block war... so get 2 bribes and foul everything downed like crazy

Plus their Ogre has Block. It is such a difference.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Bribe and a merc Lino (Keep fouling!), keep your men and bang on his nigglers and foul out his go to guys
He doesnt have a great record as a coach so even if he has so much guard, i dont think it will come into play that much

Jump to: