31 coaches online • Server time: 00:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HellGoon

Post   Posted: May 05, 2020 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi , new player really enjoyed my 2 losses so far, i did kill some guy.

Anyway, i am finding it hard to understand what the icons on the dice rolls mean, is there a page showing me this and i have not found it, or is there a way to hover over the dice roll pictures to tell me .

I could be missing something very easy but i can not find it.

Also i would like to set up my team for kicking and receiving and save it so i can load at the start of plays and maybe tweak if needed, As im new i dont like to keep other players waiting,

How can i make a set up without playing a game so i dont feel rushed.

Many thanks
Rbthma

Post   Posted: May 05, 2020 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Skull - the attacking player is Knocked Down

Both Down (skull+pow) - Both players are Knocked Down, unless one or both of the players involved has the Block skill. If one player uses the Block skill then he is not Knocked Down by this result, though his opponent will still go down. If both the players use the Block skill then neither player is Knocked Down.

Pushed (arrow) - The defending player is pushed back one square by the blocking player. the attacking player may follow up the defender.

Defender Stumbles (Pow with exclamation inside) - Unless the defender uses the Dodge skill he is pushed back and then Knocked Down. If he does use the Dodge skill then he is only pushed back. The attacking player may follow up the defender.

Defender Down (Pow) - The defending player is pushed back and then Knocked Down in the square they are moved to. The attacking player may follow up the defender.

I'd recommend googling "Blood Bowl Competition Rules Pack" - should lead you to a pdf file from the NAF site, this is a good basis for the core rules and skill descriptions. Note that there have been a lot of changes to the rules since then, but the core skills/basics are almost all the same. The complete set of new and up to date rules should be available from GW though but I've been keeping up to date from discussions here on FUMBBL

For making and saving setups, I'd use test-mode and save them there.

Welcome!
HellGoon

Post   Posted: May 05, 2020 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

AH thank you very much, i will have a look for the PDF , this gives me a better idea.

Thank you for you time.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: May 05, 2020 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

no problem! You won't find much (if anything) about the rules on the site here and that's deliberate so as not to step on GW's toes- Copyright infringement or some-such. As I understand it FUMBBL is intended for people who already own BB in some form (several forms in my case) so understanding of the rules would come from the rule-book(s) already owned.

I see you found the 145 league already - that's great. Definitely jump on either their discord or the FUMBBL one too if you need a hand.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 06, 2020 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi and welcome!

FUMBBL client uses slightly different icons (the yellow icon Star is called POW):

Skull: Attacker Knocked Down
Star + Skull: Both Down
Arrow: Pushback (Pushed result in BB rules)
Arrow + Star: Pow/push on FUMBBL client, Defender stumbles in BB rules (official BB dice has a blast + exclamation mark inside).
Star: Pow; Defender Knocked Down (official dice has a blast, not a star)
 Jump to: