17 coaches online • Server time: 04:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you feel unlucky and want to participate in such a Tournament or League?
Yeah mate, Nuffle is hating me.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Nah, you just a crybaby.
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
I will show you how i get my AV 8 Team killed and ripped apart in 2 games.
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Maybe if you send your cheerleaders nudes.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Feinn_Warrior

Post 10 Posted: May 12, 2020 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

i am playing Bloodbowl on a regular basis. But neither as TT nor on Steam i feel at such a huge disadvantage as here on fumbbl. I sometimes really have the feeling i play with a handicap dice roller.
Example? I got 5 players killed by going for it just in the last two weeks. 4 Players in 2 adjoining games. When i look at my retired teams, i see -16 to -20 casulties in less than 10 games and i am not only talking about AV7 teams but also AV8 and other harder teams. So it became an issue, that i can only enjoy games with nice players or who are also as unlucky as me.

So i came up with this idea:

How about starting an UNLUCKY TOURNAMENT.

Only Coaches with total casulties with -100 can participate.

So we can decide on two things:

The player with most casulties in the Tournament is officially the most unlucky Coach on Fumbbl. He should get a healing potion or something as a pity reward Very Happy

The Winner of the Tournament has at least the knowledge its all about the dice not about his coaching skills Very Happy

Anyone interested in that?

It could also become an unlucky league for interested players Smile
Dominik

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It has two reason for your perception:
1.) You can play more games a day on FUMBBL than anywhere else, thus the chance of a serious bad luck streak rises
2.) The players on FUMBBL are the best in the world. Neither tabletop nor BB2 has that level of skill. That results in more heavy beatings and less mercy. An example: In my old tt league most coaches expected to not stall and simply score when its possible, even if it gives your opponent a chance to break even subsequently. You can imagine what their reaction were if I fouled a player even when I already were in a numerical advantage!
Muff2n

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

A tournament with coaches competing to get as many of their own players killed as possible sounds like an excellent idea. Good thinking. And the tournament winner gets to be self righteous and believe in their superiority of coaching being held back by unlucky players is an added bonus. Amazing.

Unfortunately I don't see myself as unlucky, so I can't enter, but I know a friend who is suited to this.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You should probably just join 145 Club.

Welcoming "unlucky" coaches since 2005.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have just checked the team with most number of games, and clicked on a match (probably most recent one). You were severely outblocked. Your opponent had 52 blocks, you had 33. If that happens, expect to be outCAS-ed even if you play with av9 against av7.
I checked another, vs Blood Red. Your opponent had 72 blocks, while you had 45. Giving away 72 blocks is a lot! Especially if you play vs Chaos with Mb/Claw. That is fun times for the opponent, playing with Chaos.

P.S. I am giving away about 30 blocks on average in my last 50 or so games. (Maybe even last 100.)

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I have -587 casualties but +549 touchdowns so I don't really think I'm unlucky. Wink
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ooo can I enter with my team that has -51 cas in only 38 games (+52 TDs)?

Although I should probably join with the team that rolled triple skull re-roll skull/skull/both down on a big guy last game...
Joost

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
ooo can I enter with my team that has -51 cas in only 38 games (+52 TDs)?

Although I should probably join with the team that rolled triple skull re-roll skull/skull/both down on a big guy last game...

missing out so narrowly on a legendary sextuple skull sure is unlucky!

Wink
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I know *sobs wildly*
Bendrig

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I consider myself a lucky coach but my total casualties is apparently at -1800.

Have I been lying to myself? Oh no!
Feinn_Warrior

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I have just checked the team with most number of games, and clicked on a match (probably most recent one). You were severely outblocked. Your opponent had 52 blocks, you had 33. If that happens, expect to be outCAS-ed even if you play with av9 against av7.
I checked another, vs Blood Red. Your opponent had 72 blocks, while you had 45. Giving away 72 blocks is a lot! Especially if you play vs Chaos with Mb/Claw. That is fun times for the opponent, playing with Chaos.

P.S. I am giving away about 30 blocks on average in my last 50 or so games. (Maybe even last 100.)

You can ask my opponent. I roll double skulls, reroll double skulls. With dwarfs. All have block, even my runners. Dont tell me i dont know how to make secure blocks first.
Feinn_Warrior

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way it was just a funny idea. I wouldnt play if i hate the game. I love it. and yeah i think many coaches here are top. There are assholes as everywhere but i met a lot of cool , pro and nice players here... and the opposite of course.

So no i dont wanna cry, i just had this idea and bam i shot it out.

Thanks Koadah, i didnt know this leaguge. I will check it out Very Happy
Lorebass

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 21:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You do understand that the fewer dice you roll... the less ones you get?
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Feinn_Warrior wrote:
bghandras wrote:

You can ask my opponent. I roll double skulls, reroll double skulls. With dwarfs. All have block, even my runners. Dont tell me i dont know how to make secure blocks first.

I have never said you script your turns the wrong order. All i said is that you give away way to many blocks.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2020 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

After more than 4000 games on fumbbl, my cas count is almost -3000 cas, so I'm sure that I could participate in this tourney Wink A healing potion as a prize would be great, I got soooo many great Players that really, really need a potion.
 Jump to: