53 coaches online • Server time: 22:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sirdave79

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2020 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy Folks, im getting back into FUMBBL after many years of having forgotten about it.

I'm wondering if its possible to have player transfer's. If I level up players that i then retire, because of poor/suboptimal skill rolls, injuries or any other reason. I would like for teams that can hire those players on their roster, possibly racial/alignment groups to be able to purchase those players if released by a team.

Is such a thing possible within a FUMBBL league ? Im continuing to search for answers with some testing and forum searching.

Thanks
RogerDeath

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2020 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Its not an official feature, but if you (or any other admins of the league) are willing to put in some effort it could be done. We did something kind of similar in the Nuffle League, where each coach had a player that basically traded teams. First time it happened was a bit of a headache, but its resulted in some people asking for some players to just perpetually cycle around the league.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2020 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You can skill up a newly bought player with free SPP and whatever skills you like, as a league admin. Even add injuries.

So if one team retires a +AG blodgestep, you can have another team buy a new player and just give it +AG blodgestep and the same name, stick a link in the bio to his previous career.

Dealing with different base players, well, up to you, but NBFL here (for instance) mostly uses common position types as the transfer limit, splitting into Bigs, Strong, Blitzer, Skilled, and Linemen. Maybe throwers? Not sure. Anyway, the base stats change, but it's similiar enough and not unbalanced for the new team.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2020 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
You can skill up a newly bought player with free SPP and whatever skills you like, as a league admin. Even add injuries.

SSP, yes, but added skills add TV.

(next time i drink coffee before i reply)