31 coaches online • Server time: 09:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2020 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
Coffee_Monster wrote:
Looking forward to the n,n -ag Blitzer hanging around as he can't be replaced.

Haha true... and then we will laugh at his bloat!

the flip side of this is fully kitted and pristine extra blitzers/throwers, AND constantly cycled and underdeveloped gutter runners because the apo is always saved for the unreplaceable grandfathers Very Happy
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2020 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, multiple loners was a masterstroke of punishing those who recklessly desire a versatile roster.

Some sturdy players could be a great boost for Humans.... but the best thing about Human teams is the 4 Blitzers with their speed and their strength access. Plus a decent starting thrower, and relatively cheap rerolls.. Reduce to one Human Blitzer, throw in animosity and loners, and make rerolls expensive and you have really done a number on them. .. But still it is an additional roster choice. I will give it a spin. It will encourage low rr builds so they will tend to need a good start.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2020 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Even assuming you bother playing OWA, the team is going to scale very bad.
Generally, badly starting teams tend to get better as their TV increases, this looks like a badly starting team getting worse over time, when the opponent teams are skilled as well and OWA loses its only advantage of having some useful core skills.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2020 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Sotax wrote:
As far as I see in the rosters, the gutter can choose M as a nomal roll for UW teams, however i think i saw in the spike that only on doubles... is it right?

yup correct, it is doubles only. I checked the roster on the site and it is correct on the site as well. So no issues Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2020 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know for sure what the Gutters skill access should be? as GW aren't it seems!
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2020 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Coffee_Monster wrote:
Does anyone know for sure what the Gutters skill access should be? as GW aren't it seems!

what source do you have for this? They are M on doubles in the Spike Magazine

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2020 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't seen it, but I Pedda mentions on twitter that the roster says M on doubles, but in the "how to play" article. "...every player has access to Mutation skills on a single Skill roll," and it's suggested to take two heads on a gutter runner
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2020 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah that is true, there does seem to be a descrapancy between the playbook and the roster. But until there is an FAQ the roster is correct as printed.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2020 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you can usually ignore fluff, playbooks and the like I've found.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2020 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

How is Animosity handled for the gutter runner?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2020 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Gutter Runner is skaven, so would suffer it if he were to pass/handoff to goblins or troll, and vice versa.

I never realised before if you fail animosity, you can change the target to be of the same race. Not that you will often have chance to.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2020 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The roster differentiates the skaven players and the gutter runner. They are NOT the same. That is why I am asking. The intent seems to be the gutter runner is a skaven player but with GW and their rules I want to know how FUMMBL is handling it.
Oni

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2020 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

garyT1 animosity effects when they player is doing the pass/HO not when they receive it. Goblins can give the ball to a skaven player with no roll for animosity.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2020 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Oni wrote:
The roster differentiates the skaven players and the gutter runner. They are NOT the same. That is why I am asking. The intent seems to be the gutter runner is a skaven player but with GW and their rules I want to know how FUMMBL is handling it.

There is one list where the other Skaven players are named "Skaven Blitzer", "Skaven Thrower", Skaven Lineman" while the Gutter is not, but that doesn't mean the "Gutterrunner" is not a Skaven.
Anyhow, GW published also another list where it's named "Skaven Gutterrunner".
In fumbbl they are Skaven, as IMO they should be.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2020 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
Oni wrote:

There is one list where the other Skaven players are named "Skaven Blitzer", "Skaven Thrower", Skaven Lineman" while the Gutter is not, but that doesn't mean the "Gutterrunner" is not a Skaven.
Anyhow, GW published also another list where it's named "Skaven Gutterrunner".
In fumbbl they are Skaven, as IMO they should be.

I think they meant the gutter runner to be skaven I wanted to make sure FUMMBL plays it that way. Been around long enough to know GW can do some weird rules.
 Jump to: