41 coaches online • Server time: 16:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v stunty (...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, today I noticed that the FUMBBL home page has been slightly changed: HOME, GAME, COMMUNITY, FORUMS, HELP entries, which yesterday were on the top left of the home page, now are centered on top.
Nothing to complain about that, but the sub-entries which appear when I mouse-over for example on GAME entry (Current Games, Gamefinder, Blackbox, Groups, Tournaments) still appear on the top left (not on the center as HOME, GAME etc.), so they are a bit harder to click because they are diagonally far from the main entries.
Please is it possible to either center the sub-entries as well or restore the HOME, GAME, COMMUNITY, FORUMS, HELP on the top left as yesterday?

Thanks for attention anyway!
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 15:50
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Fair point.

The tricky part is that the menus are in different positions, and there's the online and server time things on the right, which makes it less than ideal to simply center it.

I'll have a play and see what I can do to improve it.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I noticed that the "coaches online" and "Server time" occupy some space and centering the sub-menu entries could have created a visual mess, but maybe there is another solution.
Maybe placing "coaches online" and "server time" on another place (centering them above or below the main menu)?
Anyway, I don't demand anything and I'm not an expert, I just found a bit user-uncomfortable (both visually and for clicking) the new menu position in relation with the sub-menu options, I know you always try to improve the things. I just wanted to provide my own personal feedback about the change, not nitpicking for the sake of it. Smile
The centered HOME, GAME etc. menu looks better indeed, just the sub-entries don't match well with it, in my opinion.

I know it's a very stupid suggestion, but what about 2 small icons to represent coaches and time?
For example, a small watch icon or a small F icon near BB time could do the trick, would occupy less space than "Server time" word.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %27, %2020 - %19:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 16:17
FUMBBL Staff

The secondary links should be better placed now.
SeekingtheTruth

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Just so you are aware Christer the menu's are still aligned left when I'm looking at forum threads like this one and with the sub menus being centered they are bleeding into the left hand border.
SeekingtheTruth

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It's only when looking at forum topics though.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Secondary menu when HOME and GAME are selected look placed on the left, COMMUNITY looks quite centered, FORUM sub-menu looks a bit on the right.
What about centering them all? I mean, not centering the sub-menus in relation with the main entry selected, but centering on the page all the sub-menus regardless of the main menu entry selected.
I guess that would look better, but just my opinion.
As an aside, the sub-menu entries look misplaced in this very page we are on (edit: it has been fixed now).

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %27, %2020 - %19:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Bobs

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the new look Smile

Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 17:42
FUMBBL Staff

Should be slightly better now.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

New logo looks great Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much Christer! Smile

Just a little bit to the right would be perfect, but even now the sub-menu links are quite centered.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

On my phone I'm getting overlap. I'm on the forums menu, and the last options on the menu write overtop of the coaches online and server time, making me unable to read any of them (the last 2 menu options, the server time, or the coaches online)
badger89

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

What about I list going down like:

Home
then centre (edit: going downwards)
Overview
About
Blog
Statistics
Matches
Gallery

just a thought Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2020 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

It's just me or Top List entry is not displayed anymore?

edit: I found it, I had to mouse over the big FUMBBL logo to make the Top List sub-menu appear.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %29, %2020 - %18:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
badger89

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2020 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

When I click on the Forums the sub menu all move to the right of the pages.