46 coaches online • Server time: 11:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2003 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, players who died can get the MVP. To quote:
The Most Valuable Player award is awarded randomly to one player from each team, just so long as they were available to play in the match.

The Finishing Touch
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2003 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

AlphaX wrote:
I don't see a team with 300 games. Interperting :
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=4941
is not so trivial; interpert the MVP as a collector's problem, and you should know that getting an MVP for all your players can take hundreds of games. Even if MVPs are distributed uniformly amongst the players present at the game. [is the rand() used in javabowl uniform?]

playing 46 games and not getting an MVP ? well if the team had 11 players on it - that is (10/11)^46 - which according to my windows calculator is about .012% - very unlikely... you cannot pick groups which match what you are looking for and call the result a valid statistic (that is fishing.) pick teams at random to come up with your 300 games.

Empirically speaking, there seem to be many more low numbered players with lots of MVPs than high numbered players...

This thread belongs under the java client ??? The webpage, fumbbl.com, doesn't assign the mvp.

- 300 games of the last position players (including a recently retired one)
- 0.012%? Nah, it's really somewhere at or beyond 0.1 x 10^-10, insanely low for sure
- Is this the wrong thread-category? I classified the odd MVP-distribution as a bug. But you're right,wrong category! Embarassed

Anyhow, skyjunkie's post has revealed the mystery and has explained the observeable data as well.
(btw: can you say "to reveal a mystery" or does that sound odd? And, if so, what would be the proper verb here?)

btw: 10/11^46 is actually 1.2% according to my calculator! Wink

Last edited by Frankenstein on May 02, 2003 - 15:08; edited 1 time in total
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2003 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

[/quote]That explanation is more than satisfactorally and explains all the available data. Stupid me, should have exploited this discovery. Wink[/quote]

Looks like I unknowingly did. I've tend to put my fast-scoring players (Wardancers, dragon warriors, Gutter runners) in those slots.

Now I know why they never, or seldom, got the mvp, leaving those for the linos while they gathered up other spp's. ooopsie. feel like a cheater now.

ah well.
 Jump to: