43 coaches online • Server time: 15:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Post Apocalyptic flop?
Waterworld
33%
 33%  [ 66 ]
Salute of the Jugger (called The Blood of heroes in some regions)
15%
 15%  [ 31 ]
The Postman
14%
 14%  [ 28 ]
Dredd (not the sly stallone one)
24%
 24%  [ 48 ]
Deathrace 2000
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Deathsport
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Cyborg
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 195

Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Kzarik wrote:
Garion wrote:
very suprised to see The Postman get love, I thought that was truly awful. whereas most of the others are good in their own special way Smile

Of the films listed, Postman was my favorite by a wide margin. Enjoyed the premise, the music, the characters were mostly believable for motivations and had solid acting jobs all around. Story had some odd quirks and could see some saying it was resolved too neatly, but I love a good "Good triumphs Evil" story.

Cool. I wish I could find something good in it. maybe I'll try it again, as I havent watched it since it was first released.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
But you don’t get an advantage because it couldn’t be any easier? It’s already a 5/6 chance to escape with even stats?

Yep, its 5/6 to escape if the moving player has the same stat or more, and gets harder when the moving players stat is lower.

So if this information is correct, its the player with the skill that needs to have high stats, it makes little difference on the one escaping. Which is fine by me, you dont put tentacles on gutter runners anyway. I would like it if the skills were a bit better, though.

Last edited by Weresquid on Aug 04, 2020 - 19:33; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Kzarik wrote:
Garion wrote:
very suprised to see The Postman get love, I thought that was truly awful. whereas most of the others are good in their own special way Smile

Of the films listed, Postman was my favorite by a wide margin. Enjoyed the premise, the music, the characters were mostly believable for motivations and had solid acting jobs all around. Story had some odd quirks and could see some saying it was resolved too neatly, but I love a good "Good triumphs Evil" story.

Cool. I wish I could find something good in it. maybe I'll try it again, as I havent watched it since it was first released.

You can pretend it's in the 'Field of Dreams' extended universe. That brings mirth.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

About stalling

Stalling got a KEYWORD. (A name, definition, without consequence.) Game designers do it, when they dont want it to have any additional rules attached to it, but want to be able to reference it.
So based on my game design and development experience i think:
- There will be no stalling rule as such.
- Some skill or optional rule or team specific term would be able to reference stalling, and trigger for enhanced effect.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Blood Bowl Season 2 – Preview
Time Wasting

If a player is stalling defined as follows -
1. player is not marked
2. has the ball
3. can be activated and can walk into the opposing endzone without throwing a d6
4. can do make it to the end zone without having to GFI or dodge

not sure about this bit, but its something like - A coach who wastes time by causing a turn over intentionally when their player is able to score a touchdown is declared as time wasting

There is nothing written about a punishment, it must be on a different page, this page just clarifies what time wasting is.

This could be the biggest change to the game by far if there is a penalty associated with it or a non-issue if it is just defining stalling/time wasting. If it is the former, it seems to me it could greatly alter competitive play.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey whatball yeah I agree. It's what I am most concerned about. Hopefully it is what bghandras says and nothing more.
It's certainly worrying as stalling, clock management really creates the the most in depth tactical part of the game.

Last edited by Garion on Aug 04, 2020 - 20:26; edited 1 time in total
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well obviously people would still stall, they just couldn't goal line stall. But yeah, let's hope bghandras is right.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

We've seen variations of this stalling rule before. I don't see anything that doesn't stop stalling GFI away until the end of T7 and then moving up.

You might make it a wise if bizarre tactic to deliberately leave a nice easy gap in your defence or even go behind the cage to force the carrier forward.

Something I saw in the-Sage's vid on the leaks was that pro would allow you to reroll a single block die. This would be a really good skill if true as using it would be completely safe on 2D or 3D blocks that already had 1 safe result to keep.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:

You might make it a wise if bizarre tactic to deliberately leave a nice easy gap in your defence...

I'd call it the Red Carpet tactic. Very Happy
Or Red Sea.
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Garion, a great summary

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Some interesting changes, some look good, but really don't like the half-price randomly generated skills - that would be very bad for online perpetual play. Those who have the time to play a lot on here will just take a chance on the early skills, farm away and sack the dross, and end up with a great team at significantly less cost than others. Yuck. That is just awful, really hope that does not get implemented here, except in League (could be fun there).

Oh and Waterworld is better than Dredd? You have got to be kidding XD
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
Some interesting changes, some look good, but really don't like the half-price randomly generated skills - that would be very bad for online perpetual play. Those who have the time to play a lot on here will just take a chance on the early skills, farm away and sack the dross, and end up with a great team at significantly less cost than others. Yuck. That is just awful, really hope that does not get implemented here, except in League (could be fun there).

Oh and Waterworld is better than Dredd? You have got to be kidding XD

I think random 10k is how much they cost, not how much they add to your Team Value. But I dont actually know.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

But the new Dredd 3D was great and not even a flop, the budget was very small!
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

JuicyBee wrote:
But the new Dredd 3D was great and not even a flop, the budget was very small!

google disagrees - Dredd flopped at the box-office as its $50 million budget only recouped about $35m in domestic and foreign ticket sales.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2020 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The new stalling rules will perversely favour an increase in low MA players as stalling ball carriers, so they can stay closer to the endzone without triggering the effects.

Also interesting that Skaven now appear to have 50K rerolls.

As for DP/MB +1, +2 - perhaps the same skill could be taken twice?
 Jump to: