14 coaches online • Server time: 05:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fudge

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of good starts for teams check this out Smile
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=51534
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The doubles is frustrating at fisrt sometimes...but in the long run apothocary willing eventually you can get normal skills for your guys or gals soon.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=90715

9 doubles or stats in 16 games.

Funny how Dark Elves seem to be the ones everyone is sharing Smile
DS

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Stat increases are great my old st5 witch elf was great before he got killed Smile,

the normal skills will follow then youll have a great team
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Withc Elf? ST5?

he? got killed?

So many steroids she grew a pair? Laughing
hugoeng

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I just got an AG+ as first skill with an Dark Elf Lineman. And took pass block instead. Stupid maybe, but IMO the team benefit more from block/dodge/pass block., etc than AG+. He wont be a scorer/blitzer because of the low MA and I already have a thrower.. A blitzer or witch is of course a totally different matter as AG+ would help them in their respective roles.
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

This is one of the best DE linos ever to play any of my teams (with 2 skills that is) http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=604934
DS

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry she Very HappyVery Happy
but extra +1's on stats dont always work , i have a 6ag high elf thrower who always seems to be unable to pick up the damn ball, might need to get him sure hands Smile

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=33675 <---- dead witch
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2004 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Once I rolled a 11 for a saurus which had -ma. I took block without much hesitation. With the reduced speed he won't develop to a great blitzer, but is a prefered guy for the LOS.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2004 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

+AG is useless for AG1 players, even mostly for AG2 players unless they are fast enough. (Like Bull Centaurs!)
MixX

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
+AG is useless for AG1 players, even mostly for AG2 players unless they are fast enough. (Like Bull Centaurs!)
depends on the team I'd say, I have a Dwarf team where both Troll Slayers have gotten +AG, it gives the team much greater mobility and a lot better tactical flexibility, since I can actually Dodge him away if he's pinned down or when I need him to move to get that damn blodge catcher off the field...
bigdog

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I very first skill on my very first team was AG+ on a Mino. I took it like a dummy. I regretted it always.
Morgion

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

that minus -av.. must b a bit of a concern if he gets hit hard badmojo

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Morgion wrote:
that minus -av.. must b a bit of a concern if he gets hit hard badmojo

Yeah, that was just picked up last game. I generally use him as a passer or middleman in the long field play, so he doesn't get hit too much, usually.

I worry whenever anyone gets hit, however. AV has nothing to do with it. Check out the CAS against my dwarves to see what I mean.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

People seem to have missed the point of this (slightly) jokey forum.

I have no doubt that in the long run the doubles and extra stats will help me win games, as evidenced by the past two results for them (both wins).

My concern was that in the early stages of a teams development (especially, humans and darkelves) too many doubles could cost you games since you lack the cohesiveness that these 'average' teams rely upon.

Essentially the question has now changed to 'can I put the early losses down to my great/terrible skill rolls - or do I just suck?' Laughing
quota

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2004 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
My concern was that in the early stages of a teams development (especially, humans and darkelves) too many doubles could cost you games since you lack the cohesiveness that these 'average' teams rely upon.

Essentially the question has now changed to 'can I put the early losses down to my great/terrible skill rolls - or do I just suck?' Laughing

I still disagree with you, I don't think stat rolls suck, not at first and not later on. I usually don't go for the free reroll skills either, you have team rerolls for that sort of thing. So get more rerolls... darnit Razz I can understand why you'd miss skills like guard, tackle, block for the linemen, and so on, but I doubt that alone will be enough to cost you the game.