36 coaches online • Server time: 10:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

seen a 24+ wins/played norse team
from one of the leagues greta cherry pickers. Basically if you want to keep winning you will cap your tr under the 160 mark.......its how they do it.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'n the continuing vein of this conversation, anyone seen the worrying number of retarded cherry pickers? Someone might have to come up with a new name for someone who plays the worst possible opponent for their team.

Check out the match record of 'My 11 thugz' sometime, the poor sap keeps being picked on by woodelves Very Happy

Never seen anything so funny.

If this is the kind of cherrypicking thats now taking hold i'm happy to fully support it Laughing
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you guys consider looking for a 'soft' opponent after an especially brutal game to be cherry-picking? Is it cherry-picking but an acceptable version of it? Or is 'first come, first served' challengers the only way to NOT cherry pick?

On a side note, BB really needs to re-add some incentive to play higher TR teams. The handycap table just doesn't cut it. Back in the day of cards (free instant turn overs) and bonus MVPs, playing higher TR teams was well worth it. But these days playing a higher TR team is just asking to get mauled with little or nothing to show for it.
quota

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK wrote:
Do you guys consider looking for a 'soft' opponent after an especially brutal game to be cherry-picking? Is it cherry-picking but an acceptable version of it? Or is 'first come, first served' challengers the only way to NOT cherry pick?

I guess it all depends on the definition of cherry picking. If the definition is to say no to a reasonable opponent (TR/TS wise) to wait for the "right team to play," then I guess it is. Personally I don't mind that, and I hope everyone can understand why someone would want a recovery match.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2004 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK wrote:

On a side note, BB really needs to re-add some incentive to play higher TR teams. The handycap table just doesn't cut it. Back in the day of cards (free instant turn overs) and bonus MVPs, playing higher TR teams was well worth it. But these days playing a higher TR team is just asking to get mauled with little or nothing to show for it.

I think the inducements in the vault rules seem to be doing this a lot better.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

how about the longest losing streak? anyone?

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
DonKosak

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

This team managed to play 30 matches before getting a win...
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

these babies got 12 straigth wins starting with their debut match
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=164580

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My best team streak is with my Unranked Chaos.

18 games without a defeat. Still running.

Not the best among you super-coaches, but a very good feat among MY teams. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have a team that posts even a facsimile of a good record, there are always going to be ppl decrying 'Cherry Picker' I have an Elf team that has been doing rather well and my goal is to always keep them below 200 TR. Is that 'Cherry Picking'??
Smess

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Check this

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=79200

This team has been without defeat for 41, i say 41 games (only 3 ties in there also).
As far as i know this is the longest undefeated streak ever on fumbbl.

Didn't need to go cherrypicking for that also, played around my ST almost all the time, and beat some good coaches as well.
Yes, I am just that good Razz

Undead probably is my best race, but I have to admit that i'm extremely lucky with this team (and that additive with my usual luck, booyaah).
Non a single ghoul has died so far, and only 3 SI i believe. You'll never roll a pow on them ghouls.
Also I can't even remeber last game where a ballhandling action went wrong, realy.
One of nuffle's favourite teams !
Vargas

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Smess wrote:
Check this

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=79200

This team has been without defeat for 41, i say 41 games (only 3 ties in there also).
As far as i know this is the longest undefeated streak ever on fumbbl.

Didn't need to go cherrypicking for that also, played around my ST almost all the time, and beat some good coaches as well.
Yes, I am just that good Razz

Undead probably is my best race, but I have to admit that i'm extremely lucky with this team (and that additive with my usual luck, booyaah).
Non a single ghoul has died so far, and only 3 SI i believe. You'll never roll a pow on them ghouls.
Also I can't even remeber last game where a ballhandling action went wrong, realy.
One of nuffle's favourite teams !

Hell yes. Nuffle always smiles on me when I'm playing Undead. 9 played....9 won.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=164278

Chack out this retired undead team too

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=19562
Smess

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Why the hell did you retire that team ?
6 +ST in 25 games WTF !!!
of course no one can see the injuries, but still.....
thesquig

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My Undead went 21 games unbeaten. That was due to a ST5 ghoul and an st4 ag4 wight. Cant say I'm that lucky with them now, but still great fun.

As for Smess, woah!

thesquig

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, I could have had that team Vargas! Soooo many decent players.

@Smess, to have only 3 ghouls SI'd is amazing. Simply astonishing! I lose a ghoul about every 3 games at high TR Sad Its the main problem with Undead.

Jump to: