10 coaches online • Server time: 06:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

There have been a lot of proposed stunty races floating around recently and reading them got my creative juices flowing so I figured I’d jump in with one of my own. I did a cursory look around to see if anyone else had brought this concept up before as it seemed kinda obvious to me but couldn’t find one so here goes.

It’s pretty easy to see where the basic concept came from for this team, since fairies are supposed to be stunty wood elves and wood elves have dark elves for their evil counterpart why not dark fairies. Normal fairies come from your typical green and happy forest setting. These are fairies from those creepy black forests that no one ever wants to go into and are rumored to be haunted, the ones where the trees seem to have evil fanged faces when you catch them in the corner of your eye and it always seems to be dark and you can hear wolves howling in the distance. They heard about there goody two shoes cousins playing this game called blood bowl and didn’t want to be upstaged so they set out to cause some havoc. The team has parallels with the fairy team but should play completely differently and have a very different play style from the other stunty teams as well. I also think it fills a small hole in the stunty league fluff by giving the fairies their deserved adversaries and makes the fairy team itself a bit more fluffy. Plus good fairy bad fairy grudge matches would be fun to have in the leeg. Twisted Evil

Dark Fairies

Blighted Treemen: 2/6/1/10 Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, TTM, Alaways Hungry, Big Guy, Take Root (G,S) 110k

Pixie Wych: 6/2/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Frenzy, Jump Up, VLL, TRS (A) 70k

Fell Leprachaun: 6/1/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, TRS, Dirty Player (A) 60k

Imp: 6/1/3/7 Stunty, Dodge, TRS, Prehensile Tail (A) 40k

RR: 60k
Apoth: Yes
Wizard: Yes

Blighted Treeman:
The Blighted Trees are basically just a corrupt version of a tree the only real difference between a normal tree being always hungry to reflect there more twisted side. I considered giving them foul appearance as it fits with the fluff well but didn’t want it to be overpowered. Also note that they only get 2 trees as opposed to normal fairies which have 3, this is to balance out the more powerful and bashier pixies.

Pixie Wych:
These are basically the mini version of wych elves. They are really useful but also very frail. They have str 2 to reflect there more martial nature and a rather bashy skill set but still lack any way to modify armor or injury and with no gen access shouldn’t be overpowered.

Fell Leprechaun:
These are like there name says, evil versions of leprechauns. Think more along the lines of the cheesy leprechaun horror movies than the happy go lucky good version. Where the normal leprechauns are focused on getting the ball these guys only care about hitting things when they are down so they give the team a nice bashy side but one that is different from your normal stunty play.

Imp:
The imps are little demonic creatures that live in the twisted forests that the dark fairies call home. Being weaker and dumber than the fairies they often find themselves in their thrall. The imp’s prehensile tails give them a neat gimmick but the overall usefulness of the skill is mitigated by their low str as most stunties would rather hit them then dodge away. With sidestep and diving tackle they could become really annoying but I don’t think they are overpowered.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Smash!

Too similar to the Fairies thus fails the Uniqueness test. The existing Fairy team already can be used to make evil fairy teams.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

P.S. I do like the Imp though Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the concept of the Imp too, and an evil version of the fairies is not a bad idea. However, instead of copying the fairy names, why not keep the Imp and include some other mini-devil creatures, like Scamps, Gremlins or Gargoyles.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm seems like a good idea to me, i'll definatley think about an imp team and try and post one later. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe im just tired, but TRS = ?
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Having spent a lot of time watching blood bowl on cabal vision a few enterprising wizards decide to use there familiars and constructs to put togethor a stunty leeg team.

0-1 Golem: 3/6/1/10 Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, TTM, Really Stupid, Regenerate, Undead, Thick Skull (G,S) 130k

0-2 Harpy: 5/3/3/7 Wild Animal, No Hands, Claws, Very Long Legs (G) 90k

0-2 Homunculus: 2/1/1/7 Stunty, Dodge, TRS, Regenerate, Thick Skull, Spikes (A) 30k

0-2 Devil: 6/1/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, TRS, Horns (A) 40k

0-12 Imp: 6/1/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, TRS, Prehensile Tail (A) 40k

RR: 60k
Apoth: Yes (not for the Golem)
Wizard: Yes (Duh)

Golem: The Golem is a massive humanoid built from stone and metal and animated by magic. They are incredibly strong and there durability is unmatched but they are also quite expensive and hard to construct. The golem isn't really undead but the undead rule is used to represent the inability of an apothocary to operate on it. Really good but you can only have one of them.

Harpy: The harpy is a nasty cross between a human and scavenger type bird. They are useful and can cause a decent amount of damage but no str skill acess will prevent them from slaughtering teams and there wild animal neg trait will be a real pain.

Homunculus: Is a stiched togethor amalgamation of dead animals animated by magic and normally used to perform menial tasks like holding a book open or being a foot stool. They are pretty durable for stunties but all they are really good at is getting hit and with only a mv of 2 they won't be able to tie up big boys for the whole game.

Devil: The devil is a tiny red horned beasty normally summoned to aid in a wizards spells. They are basically just imps with a slightly differant flavor and give you a decent blitz.

Imp: The imp is a little purple beastie that looks kinda like an evil monkey. They are summoned to act as a familiar and are known for being mischeviouse and just plain anoying. The prehensile tail should make them pretty anoying if not necessarily all that good for anything else.

Overall seems like a fun little team but shouldn't be that powerfull especially compared with other str 1 teams like snots. A mad wizard summoning up his own team to play bloodbowl while he sits on the sidelines cackling like a bond villian whos about to reveal his master plan every time something gets hurt seems like flavorful concept to me. They should play a good bit differantly from the other stunty teams and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Last edited by thmbscrws on Aug 07, 2004 - 10:25; edited 1 time in total
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

TRS means "the right stuff". Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

give homunculus 3 MA, noone would use a ST 1 player that needs 4+ to stand up
pixyled

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds signifigantly weaker yet more expensive than existing fairies. at ST1 strip ball is way more useful than DP

how about this:

0-3 Blighted Treeman 2 6 1 9 Foul Appearance, Mighty Blow, TTM, Big Guy, Take Root G,S 11000
0-6 Imp 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Frenzy, Side Step, Block G 5000
0-6 Redcap 6 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Dauntless, Right Stuff S 4000
0-6 Sluagh 7 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Shadowing, Poisoned Dagger A 5000

Here's a team with lots of cool attacks but st1. They don't have quite the speed of regular fairies, but there are lots more team building possibilities with access to 3 skill groups and 3 kinds of players you can have 6 of.
Cederlund

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

those redcaps are broken, they are tossable superblitzers, that have access to multiple block (which would dominate stunty if you have dauntless)
Unxerxes

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

and the 6 imps would all be blodge/tackles after skill one... with the frenzy it seems a bit much in stunty

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunties should never have any normal skill access to anything other than Agility, and they should never have Dauntless.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

No dauntless?

You mean like Orc Slayers?

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, i could have sworn orc slayers had dauntless, i suppose i better go back and check
 Jump to: