19 coaches online • Server time: 04:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2004 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Give me ten ranked slots and I'll still be complaining that I want more. Very Happy

Unfortunately, not going to happen, though I like the system where you get a sixth team slot if all of your current teams have played 20 games.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

That kind of scaling thinger would be quite cool and cater to people who build teams to play them rather than compulsive team designers.

Have to say I am guilty of compulsive team design on occasion and the five slots has kept my number of ranked teams down, usually at the expense of teams I play badly like my succession of ill-fated Chaos and Necromantic teams.

Come to think of it the restriction has probably made me play bashy teams less and stay with my traditional Lizard/High Elf Ma8 catchers from hell fetish. Not that it's a big issue, though.

Anyway, I'm just woffling on now - I think Unranked has merit and now that I've realised the illusion of competition in Ranked is just that I think it needs something to get the players there.

Because it's the concentration of players and availablility of games in Ranked that makes Unranked so unnattractive in comparison.

How about an automatic way of transferring Ranked teams to Unranked? All Ranked teams are kosher and have been approved in Ranked and so will be Ok in Unranked. If there were a link or something that transferred the team without admin intervention the convenience factor and the ability to play your old favourite teams in a fresh setting (My Lizards are hard but can they beat up Ogres?) may be what is needed to popularise Unranked and stop Grumbledook eyeing off our beloved Ranked slots.

Post 10 Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Wombats wrote:
How about an automatic way of transferring Ranked teams to Unranked? All Ranked teams are kosher and have been approved in Ranked and so will be Ok in Unranked. If there were a link or something that transferred the team without admin intervention the convenience factor and the ability to play your old favourite teams in a fresh setting (My Lizards are hard but can they beat up Ogres?) may be what is needed to popularise Unranked and stop Grumbledook eyeing off our beloved Ranked slots.

You can transfer your ranked team to unranked by simply clicking the button "Transfer to tournament division" at the bottom of your team page. Razz
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

What about setting a number of slots to be allocated any way the coach wants...say 15 to 20, then the coach can pick which divisions to be in. I still think the 5 games before you can create a new team in a division is good though. You are still filling the same amount of slots on the server but people would be able to play in their favorite divisions.

Just my 2 cents. Are we getting close to 1000 yet Smile

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
Ash

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Wombats wrote:
Because it's the concentration of players and availablility of games in Ranked that makes Unranked so unnattractive in comparison.

I disagree... to me, trouble in divx or unranked is lot of coach don t care about winning or losing. They just care about making the most SPPs they can. If they have to, they re ready to lose game to have level up on a player!

Last edited by Ash on %b %16, %2004 - %19:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Eddy

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

i do that in Ranked too, that usually turns out OK ^^

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

caileanhawk wrote:
What about setting a number of slots to be allocated any way the coach wants...say 15 to 20, then the coach can pick which divisions to be in. I still think the 5 games before you can create a new team in a division is good though. You are still filling the same amount of slots on the server but people would be able to play in their favorite divisions.

Just my 2 cents. Are we getting close to 1000 yet Smile

I do not like that idea cause you have to wait to subscribe to tournaments.

Beside that. When you (the community not hawk) talk about Unranked do you make a difference with tournament? I do not play unranked if I'm not in tournament but Unranked IS my favourite division. So what are you talking about?

Another thing. Coaches complain about having not a lot of high TR teams to play against BUT:
1-you need to play a lot to come to that TR
2-you need to be a good coach cause as you grow in TR you're oppenent starts to be really really good.
Wombats

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Dementor wrote:
Wombats wrote:

You can transfer your ranked team to unranked by simply clicking the button "Transfer to tournament division" at the bottom of your team page. Razz

Duuuuuuh!

Well it I guess it doesn't have the hoped for effect...

But then I've been playing a Fumbbl a good year now, I read stuff and talk to people, even enjoyed good-naturedly baiting other division players in IRC about their favourite divisions for the giggles.

I wasn't specifically seeking it out but then the audience you want to reach (Ranked coaches who aren't interested in other divisions) aren't either.

Maybe it is worth better publicising the function of divisions other than Ranked?

Jump to: