51 coaches online • Server time: 13:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Erebos

Post 5 Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that fouling shouldn't be a part of the game. But tactical fouling on players with jump up near td zone and fouling big guys is ok. That is a tactical maneuver! What do you think?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

we agree I think. If I try to remember the thousand other threads on fouling.

You can learn everything about fouling in "fouling, part of the game".

1000 posts of real interesting tactics.

Read it.
Erebos

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

1000 posts are a big pile of threads.
I really dont want to read all of them to find out what people think about fouling big guys. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
You can learn everything about fouling in "fouling, part of the game".

1000 posts of real interesting tactics.

Right Laughing Did you actually read all the crap people have written in that thread? Me included Razz

I'm not gonna comment on fouling yet again, I think my previous four or five statements must be adequate on this particular topic.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

What makes fouling a big guy any differant from fouling another player? The fact that he costs more and is thus harder to replace so it will be a more lasting pain in the ass to the coach who played you? If it's the fact that they cause casualties do you then think it's ok to foul anyone with mighty blow? What about claws or razor claws? If it's because you think they have a huge impact on the game then what about bull centaurs and war dancers is it ok to foul them? I have no problem with fouling at all myself but i just don't understand why you think it is ok to foul big boys but not other players. Just seems like poor logic to me.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

If you dont want to read a lot of posts about fouling in another thread, why would you want to read them in this thread?!?

Fouling is out-debated a million times (or maybe a little less), some people like it, some people dont...
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

What the hell???!!!??? The last fouling thread was not closed for nothing!! Go read it!! Everything has been said 1000 times before... *sigh* i really wonder if anyone ever uses the search function..... argl...

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
What the hell???!!!??? The last fouling thread was not closed for nothing!! Go read it!! Everything has been said 1000 times before... *sigh* i really wonder if anyone ever uses the search function..... argl...

What is this? why cant you ask a question without getting such ridicules answers? Please dont answer if you dont have anyting to say!
quota

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

EREBOS wrote:
Candlejack wrote:

What is this? why cant you ask a question without getting such ridicules answers? Please dont answer if you dont have anyting to say!

That's just it, people do have something to say. It's "stop making the same posts that's been made a gazillion times before Wink"

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I SAY KILL 'EM ALL ANYWAY U CAN!!!! oh sorry wrong thread ....erm ...well i blame erebos
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

EREBOS wrote:
Candlejack wrote:

Yeah c'mon guys! He's obviously just new to the site and wants a little info about the prevailing attitudes here on Fumbbl since he just had an Ogre fouled to death (or something like that I'm sure). He wants to see if this is going to happen to him every game, every other game, every fifth game, tenth game, etc.

EREBOS: On fumbbl you can expect big guys to get fouled a lot, more than say, rookie linemen. Also, don't bother getting into pouting matches about people giving sarcastic answers to your post. It is the internet, there is no need to 'defend your thread's honor.' Just pay attention to relevant posts and ignore the rest. Getting into arguments will soon turn personal, and may lead to you getting banned from Fumbbl eventually*, which is not (what I imagine) you are after here. Plus it may annoy other coaches to the point where they seek games with you just to foul the pudding out of your favorite players.

*p.s. I am not an admin; this is not a threat. This is advice. Smile
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:

Yeah c'mon guys! He's obviously just new to the site and wants a little info about the prevailing attitudes here on Fumbbl since he just had an Ogre fouled to death (or something like that I'm sure). He wants to see if this is going to happen to him every game, every other game, every fifth game, tenth game, etc.

That's the point Corporate.. he is new.. and if you join a new community it is common behaviour to browse and search the forums to get an idea about the common attitude... there were many fouling threads that became ridiculous and dumb soon after they got started and that's why they got closed down, because the ones that want to use this forum as a usefull exchange source get annoyed... that's why i get angry when people repost old stories just because they are to lazy to check it up first... Sad

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ditto.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Especially when they get uppity and tell you to not tell them to read previously existing material on the subject.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed.

I guess I just meant to go a bit easier and let them know to use the search function. It has always been my thought that we want to encourage new coaches on fumbbl, rather than try to embarrass them so they get mad and don't want to come back. While it is an over-done topic, I don't think EREBOS started this thread specifically to annoy people...

EROBOS: Check out the old threads, as for the big 1000 poster, only the first couple of pages have any relevance, after that it did degenerate into the sort of nonsense that poeple get annoyed with around here. Smile
 Jump to: