26 coaches online • Server time: 02:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcon

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2004 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I am really surprised at what luck you generally seem to have.
I remeber one game, when I saved a player with the apoth, just to loose the RO (foul) and then a SV (dodge). So much to luck...
These things may happen with any team. Lately I had a game, in which my opponent lost a player through a dodge attempt because he spent the apoth ealier (on a BH).
And even talking about your experience of loosing 2 players in the first match. Well, with an apoth it probably would have been only one loss. And now tell me. Was that one reroll or positional player the reason why you won the game? An Elf costs 70k, an apoth "only" 50k.

But, we are heading away from the topic. Therefore I won´t continue on this back and forth.

Thx to Colin. I found that edit option. If I find time and a good idea, I might give my ideas for starting rosters. Although I wouldn´t call myself an experienced coach. Wink
Wombats

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2004 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm off to lay down the law a la long-term Lizardman development.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2004 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The advice I was thinking of adding has more to do with team builds and specific in-game tactics with the reasoning behind them.

Like keep a small number of Skinks (3-4) to let the Sauruses catch the MVPs and retire Skinks on their second skill initially with no doubles as they will misrepresent your Team Rating owing to the lack of Saurus development. This will sacrifice early wins in exchange for Block all round for the Sauruses.

Developing a Break Tackle (Plus Tackle/Frenzy/Whatever) Saurus to fill the team lack of a decent intereptor.

This is really going more into the realm of opinion and specific team builds that go only with certain playing styles...is this too long winded? Should this level of detail and the reasoning behind it be tacked onto the end of a starting roster (If I wrote it in a more intelligable way, too)?

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2004 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that's what the strategy section id for, isn't it?
Colin

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2004 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I've started going through some of the strategy pages, updating them a bit. I'd like a Summary, Strengths, Weaknesses, In-game Tactics and Development section in each one. Some of them are a bit short (about half of the Official Rosters), while Elves, Goblins and most of the non-official rosters have nothing at all! Please feel free to look through your favorite races and add your own thoughts. Good spelling, grammar and layout would be nice, but it can be edited, so don't sweat. Useful content is what I'm after.
Wombats

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

About to start a new thread focussing on the love of my BloodBowl life: Lizards

I've been adding some extra bits but I'm concerned that it's getting hard to read.

It would be nice to add discussions on skill sequences, probability-based rationale for certain plays, etc. but that would horribly clutter the already gigantic blocks of text.

Is it possible to add in headings like "Saurus Immobility", "Three Player Sidestep Cage", "Kroxigor Cuddles - How to make your opponent feel like they've got Saurus Immobility Syndrome", "Skink Deprivation", "Recycling Skinks and Developing Sauruses", etc?

This could easily get to a page or two long - Is this of inappropriate size or is it what you've been asking for all along?

I'd love to compile a Lizardman guide on the forums, get some feedback and then submit the lot but we will need some formatting to make it readable.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
I truly despise coaches that retire teams just like that. I find it cowardly.

Shocked

truly despise do you?

maybe you are not serious. but if you are think a bit about that statement.
 Jump to: