24 coaches online • Server time: 08:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are you interested?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 13 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Liv Tyler
55%
 55%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 54

Ash

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i m fond of ranked system but pussy behavior make me sad.

So i ve an idea...

What do you think about creating a league (as a group) where we can apply for one of our team (only one). First we play qualification, next play off...

Qualifications work this way... Each player can play as many game as he want against any roster he want but to calculate his score we only take the 4 best and the 4 worst games AND (this is the important point) we take only 1 game by roster. So team must fight against at least 8 rosters to be qualified (can be qualified with 7 rosters but will be hard).
Sample:

1st best game against woodie and 2nd best game against woodie too so only 2nd count. And so on until you get the 4 best games. same way for worst game.

Worst game has priority on best ones. So if your first best game is the same roster than your first worst, only the worst count (bye bye the best Laughing). if your first best is same roster than your 2nd worst (or 3rd, 4th), your best is the one that count.

the points for each game are:
a win = 31
a tie = 21
a defeat = 11
AND all the SPPs won in game except MVP

I think it s a good way to play ranked game. So we can avoid really unfair game (like woodies against 4 RSC/tackle) but we have to play against bashy one day anyway.

League will be open to all TR > 160 but to get opponement easier i sugest to take TR < 210

what do you think about it?

PS: Sorry about my english... not my primary language Smile

Post 22 Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

But you can do this in Unranked - why do it in Ranked?
Ash

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

so you can use your EXISTING ranked team in a league then getting them back in ranked...
Objective is also to have a group without pussy!

I hate elves than never play anything else than elves at TR > 180...
In fact their is 2 sub league in ranked... pussies one with a lot of elves/skavens/amazon teams which will not look at your roster before saying "no thx" if you re orc/chaos/etc... and the real one with player who play bashy team or elves/skaven/etc... with the balls to play against orc/chaos/etc...

This is so pervert that a lot of elves teams are now only built to play against other elves with a lot of tackle/diving tackle. I saw some of them without niggler at TR > 200!

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

But you can do this in Unranked - why do it in Ranked?

Yep

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Like we said - then start a league in unranked.
Your suggestion will never happen. The admins have clear lines between R,U, and X

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Start play in tournaments then. Why have a ranked tournament?
I dont see the point of this.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The only tournaments that Ranked teams can join are the official FUMBBL tournaments: the FUMBBL Cup, the Green Horn, plus two more "majors" that will be introduced soon. These are only run with the express consent of Christer... and no, Ash's idea will not run in Ranked, and neither will any other normal tournament.
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ash wrote:
so you can use your EXISTING ranked team in a league then getting them back in ranked...

I hate elves than never play anything else than elves at TR > 180...
In fact their is 2 sub league in ranked... pussies one with a lot of elves/skavens/amazon teams which will not look at your roster before saying "no thx" if you re orc/chaos/etc... and the real one with player who play bashy team or elves/skaven/etc... with the balls to play against orc/chaos/etc...

If you don't want pussies, why has your Ranked Elf team only played one "bashy" team in 9 games? Why don't you play against Dwarves, Chaos dwarves or chaos teams and start a trend of Elven teams playing bashy teams in Ranked?
Eddy

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

and, above all, why do you feel compelled to say "i don't want pussies"... man, there are more clever and nice ways of saying things... i fail to see the goal of vulgarity for vulgarity's sake.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Liv Tyler
50%
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL SMACK should be starting next weekend. It should be a fairly regular occurence. Keep your ears open for the official start date.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Fun Online Game

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, isnĀ“t she beautiful??
Razz Razz
Ash

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

BB_Pad wrote:
If you don't want pussies, why has your Ranked Elf team only played one "bashy" team in 9 games? Why don't you play against Dwarves, Chaos dwarves or chaos teams and start a trend of Elven teams playing bashy teams in Ranked?

I play who ask me on irc... and be honnest! it s easy to take for sample this elf team... i had 3 elf team in ranked! take a look at the other one...
of course you will not see pure dwarf team... reason? i hate playing dwarves! they re boring in hell Smile... maybe their is few chaos dwarf too... why? don t know... maybe cause their is not a lot of them... but a lot of chaos and orc.

Anyway... nevermind...

I will maybe build the league in unranked with a limitation to enter... only team with at least 50% of victories...