70 coaches online • Server time: 21:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BB-Pad

Post 9 Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I left a tournament because it died after the 1st game, but after I'd played a one-off game it wouldn't let me or my opponent upload our results as it said we had either played each other already (we hadn't) or we weren't in the same tournament (neither of us in a tournament).

Can anyone help? It was my friend's first ever game online and he was very pleased to beat me Embarassed
cthol

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, I had the same problem recently. Apparebtly, even if you click on the "leave" button in the group page your team is still in the tournament until the founding coach officially disbands it. Which kind of sucks, but there you go... You have to get the founding coach to disband the tourney, or just retire the team and play with another one. I played a game with my Old World team which I won 4-0, got 5 skills on, and put my opponent's chaos pact team in the bin (1 RIP, 2 SI, 4 BH, 4 KO...), only to be told it was impossible to upload. Sucks, but I guess I should have read the small print. Ah well, live and learn...
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

IF the tourney commish boots your team and IF neither you or your opponent has played another game, you can manually upload the game after you've been kicked out of the league.

Been there, done it.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for that, Mully, will get on the case... and hope my opponent doesn't mind:)
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
IF the tourney commish boots your team and IF neither you or your opponent has played another game, you can manually upload the game after you've been kicked out of the league.

So unless this applies, is it definite that nothing can be done? I left the group, but never got the chance to play any games in the tourney.
cthol

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully: you seem clever... if the coach who runs the league (lord_lothar) is awol atm is there any way to get an admin to do it? he hasn't been around for about 3 weeks.
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

From MY experience, the admins wont do it. The only way around it is to have someone else take over the group and have THAT person give you the boot.

Sorry

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to let you guys know that I managed to upload this game after all.

I PM'd the group owner and he closed down all the tournaments. I was then able to upload my results file and then got my opponent to do the same. Fortunately he hadn't played any other games with that team so it worked.
 Jump to: