11 coaches online • Server time: 06:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should we make it 1 game / week?
yes
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
no
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Hovring

Post 6 Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the forum for the discussion about everything to do with the world cup 20XX.

My first discussion I'd like to start is what to do with this tournament. I would really like to make it grow just about the size so that seasonal dropouts wouldn't harm the tourney much (24+ would be perfect). Sadly it doesn't look all that possible right now.

So far I have tried asking the players of the tourney to tell their BB friends about the tourney and then I have submitted a news ticket.

A few difficulties that could have hindered applications might be:

a) Some teams have already started and it is always most fun to start with the rest.
b) The news ticket was not up for long due to fumbbl administrators not being nice to it
c) My rather strict application rules.

A few solutions we could use to solve this is.

a) Make application to the training camp 100% open, but make restriction based on training camp activity instead (for instance give access to the player with a certain amount of training games only)
b) Try to get the news ticket out there once again, even though they might not let it.
c) Ask group leaders from the national leagues in EU to advertise for us. I don't really like asking though

This was a few suggested solutions I hope you will just respond to this with an opinion about this subject. Or if you have anything else on mind that too would be nice.

/hovring

Last edited by Hovring on %b %17, %2004 - %21:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Hovring

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I might make the league a bit less high activity and only have a 1 game/week rule
quota

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think one game a week is good. Seeing how there can be certain periods where you simply don't have alot of time because of work, bithdays, illness, whatever. And those few times you can play your opponent might not be able too. And once a week is fast enough.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed.
And I believe that a half day is way too short, some advertisment for it through our opponents could be a good answer.
If a) There is a open trainingcamp, to both shape up the teams, and see who is qualified/truly interested.
and b) We ask only those that we have enjoyed playing against.
However it´s still not possible to avoid the occasional bad apple, when taking the low hanging fruits Wink
And as thus isn´t as foolproof to get "players with the right spirit", as only inviting friends.
 Jump to: